What's best?

CLARK9T

Reaction score
Just wondering whats going increase your chances of employment, Somebody who has no experience trying to get in somewhere with nothing or somebody with no experience but has a part 1?

What good is the part one if you have no experience? Maybe some of yOu could share your professional opinions.

Basically if it's worthme getting the p1 I will try and get it paid for by the jobcentre yeah some of you may think just another tit who thinks we the taxpayers should fund his training.. But if it's available the. I should take it why not? Everybody else does. I think I need a letter from a company stating they would employ me if I had the training certificate.

No I don't expect the job offers to come flooding in after a ten day course. Let the insight roll in! :D

You need a bit of experience to do the part 1 mate, try and get on labouring someplace...

I've spoke to a reputable local training company, and they say 6 months exp is a guideline but somebody who's got a good knowledge of health and safety can do it regardless.

Clark9t,theres a thread on here,"part one no experience" have look.

I would guess part1 no experience is beneficial to agency as we are in a card culture but to a scaffold company someone who can do the job but has no ticket is great as they will pay a labourers wage until proven your a catch

I wanted to be a surgeon but they said i had to do some ordinary doctors work first....lance the odd boil, treat someones piles etc.

now his wanted for impersonating a surgon after some 1;s dog got spaded last week his is also a registered witch doctor :D

the way i look at it is marra if the job centre can give you the funding it will increase your chance of employment but you muct declare you ex when getting that job and if they job center gives you the funding and there is a job at the end of the day they will get there invest ment back with in 2 months and from there on you are contrabuting good luck marra

I wanted to be a surgeon but they said i had to do some ordinary doctors work first....lance the odd boil, treat someones piles etc.

Spot on HSWT,exscuse the pun lol

Young clarke,go for it fella,but like marra says,be upfront with your new gaffer,but with a trainee card at least he can send you on a site,under supervision of course.......................or you could just go straight to the top and do your supervisers course lol,good luck fella;):cool:

Cheers guys, I understand what your saying, it's all just talk ATM though, I'd prefer a company to take me on with nothing but my face and invest in me that way you know they are worth working for. Places that look after the staff always get a better return! Like I say it's all pie in the sky just now but hoping to get myself fetching, carrying and getting the dinners soon! :D born in the wrong era for construction lol.

heart in the right spot marra just keep pluging it and like some may have said turn up at the yard monday morning might get lucky with a lad off with the drink

Get it done mate. Some will say your running before you can walk but if ya struggling to get a start it can't do no harm having it surely. Good luck anyhow

Cheers guys, I understand what your saying, it's all just talk ATM though, I'd prefer a company to take me on with nothing but my face and invest in me that way you know they are worth working for. Places that look after the staff always get a better return! Like I say it's all pie in the sky just now but hoping to get myself fetching, carrying and getting the dinners soon! born in the wrong era for construction lol.

I wouldn't say that but I suspect you are looking in the wrong place's for work but unfortunately you won't know that until you are in work and look back.

I have been shot down a few times for saying this but I agree with you, a part 1 with no experience is a total waste of time and brings no advantage to a scaffold contractor. You may get a kick in the door with an agency but you will have to be a very good blagger to sustain it which is another waste of time.

I think you are on the right track just keep knocking doors and one will eventually open. I know words are cheap but in my experience it does happen.

I know but my problem is I seem to be fast running out of doors! I wouldn't mind even just doing abit of part time labouring just to get something to do! I would even do some general site labouring.

I know but my problem is I seem to be fast running out of doors! I wouldn't mind even just doing abit of part time labouring just to get something to do! I would even do some general site labouring.

not for a birckie i hope or you wont be welcome on here any more ;) oj marra just keep at it like av said turn up the yard monday morning if not just turn up the yard any time

not for a birckie i hope or you wont be welcome on here any more ;) oj marra just keep at it like av said turn up the yard monday morning if not just turn up the yard any time

Are you saying now isnt a good time to announce I like nothing more than winding up the scaffy lads by dropping dabo down the 'poles' :cheesy:

Top Bottom