whats a scaff called abroad??

pk_52

Reaction score
call me daft i you want but can anyone please tell me if a scaff is still called a scaff in australia?? or is it a rigger ?? cheers

I believe they are called 'Riggers'.
Though im more then likely wrong, lol.

call me daft i you want but can anyone please tell me if a scaff is still called a scaff in australia?? or is it a rigger ?? cheers

They are called 'scaffolders'

A 'rigger' is what I call a 'cradle hand' - although most 'riggers' have some scaffolding experience due to the tubular 'rigs' they often erect to support a power cradle or a 'swing stage' - as they Aussies call them.

Most scaffolders here also have riggers tickets and are also dogmen (banksmen/slingers).
Disappointing to see so many "Johnny come latelys" out here. From most of the CVs I have seen not one scaffolder started in the game at 16/17 but has come into it here later in life once the money improved.

Most of the best scaffolders I have come across "chase the money" we have about 20 years working at peak performance (20/40 years old) then it's downhill.Then become supervisors,tag men,or down the H&S route :eek:

price work becomes harder,and you are looking to get an hourly rate and lay back a bit :D

Most of the best scaffolders I have come across "chase the money" we have about 20 years working at peak performance (20/40 years old) then it's downhill.Then become supervisors,tag men,or down the H&S route :eek:

price work becomes harder,and you are looking to get an hourly rate and lay back a bit :D

Agree 100% Rigger, who wants to be on price in their late forties, the games hard enough when your younger and fitter

F.uck price... im not gonna break my back to make someone else rich...

And £1000 a week aint rich, not by any means.
If i was to earn that on price, my boss would be earning ALOT more, through my graft.

F.uck that, tbh.

But, i do chase the money.
Money first and money last. :)

Iv Worked Price Work For Years,Tho Now Its Getting Harder To Earn A Decent Wage Maybe Because The Money Isnt In The Job Anymore Or Im Just Getting Older (50) Mind You With All The Crap We Have To Put Up With ( Internal Handrails Scaff Step And Other Assorted Howlers From The H+s Gestapo Im Actually Surprised We Make Any Thing At All)

getting back to the original question what are scaffs called abroad,i was in spain and i was called a arrogant cant and a wan%er with a drink problem.
we got married the next year and have been happy ever since.
the good lady stills says im an arrogant cant with a drink problem but who values her opinion;)

worked in holland a couple of times and over there you are called a steigerbouwer,we had a right wee booz bag with us who we called the staggerbower
it translates to steel builder

maybe a wee bit off topic but ive been on many a job and when ive told them i was a scaff the gaffer has said i was never a scaff and that was in britain:wondering:

in spain scaffolder translates to scafelero tuberlayo :)

Top Bottom