anyone id these and where to source any

its a fitting that screws into the m16 threaded rod

thanks

Attachments

• photo.jpg
    photo.jpg
    70.1 KB · Views: 101
Last edited:
We have few of these knocking about and know them as Super ties. I once bought some from generation about 3 years ago.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

supa ties they are i think now you've said..........
thanks

look like a good way of tying in scaff for our use concrete floor extension for out to the standard

bit of a trip hazard for the bricky depending on height

We have used them loads of time Timthumb. They are good ties and yes we know them as super ties and get them from Generation. We only stopped using them as we realised the hilti was quite restrictive as to where we could use it but as you say they will be perfect into concrete floor slabs.

Thats A Gb Or Super Tie Theres Two Types, The Standard Super Tie Or The E Type, Both Use Hilti Drop In Anchors (Mk 16s) And Both Really Good Ties.

I've got quite a few of these but with the coarse thread for going straight into the masonary, had them from Generation.

i did buy a load of the old hilti rubber inserts for the m16 ringbolts to use in B/W but cant buy anymore so am changing over to excalliber rings they're around the same price as the superties...only prob will be the massive stock of old m16 ringbolts that we cant use anymore

would you like to buy me some for easter then please aom ?

Sell your Hilti.;)

---------- Post added at 07:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:57 PM ----------

i did buy a load of the old hilti rubber inserts for the m16 ringbolts to use in B/W but cant buy anymore so am changing over to excalliber rings they're around the same price as the superties...only prob will be the massive stock of old m16 ringbolts that we cant use anymore

You do get the screw plates that let you screw the eye bolts in but it just seems like a long way for a short cut to me.

to be honest alister there are so many differnt ties available today to choose from, we went over to the rubber inserts to try and save money,but now hilti have stopped producing them- we have hundreds of the drop in hkd inserts that we are now no longer able to use in brickwork , but i didn't want to have to right off all our m1 ringbolts - but times a changing and it looks like its the new M12/52mm excaliber rings

We went through the same thing SP. It was scaffy that was instrumental in selecting the nylon ties but we do use the excalibur bolts alongside tie brackets. We really struggled to get a tie for all occasions but found the nylon to be the best we have tried so far and have bought a few of them but the instances of leaving them behind in the wall has increased as they can get lost very easy. We started with the bolts with the speed thread but really struggled to get them in even with the IW but are now using the single thread and they go in to the toughest granite like butter. As I said the guidance with nylon is confusing so may have to change again.

phil-there was a guy i bought a load of off the forum, but when i asked for the techspec sheet, he had to admit that they wernt the proper hilti ones - he did offer me my money back but to be honest they looked the same and acted the same so i didnt bother, but i cant take the risk of getting anymore from him,even if he was a nice guy - i've just orderd a box of rings from leaches as i didnt even think to ask them if they stocked the rubber inserts as i thought hilti had stopped making them.
by the way did you ring sperian yet mate

i we call them super ties miles beter than ring bolts only problem i think there is with them is the 1's we have had a washer just under neath the bolt head and it seems a bit big on all our super ties and it digs in to the tube rather han the fitting holding th tube it seem the washer is making the fitting tite i dont know if any 1 eles has this problem maby it the old yard mans handy work with replacment washers lol

Not yet Southern running about like a mad man this week but i will get o to them after Easter many thanks for the contact details :) i noticed you dive are you P.A.D.i or B.S.A.C

both- started bsac in 81 retrainned 2001 under padi -how about you

better pm instead of hijacking the thread

Last edited:
Top Bottom