What should I do cos i'm stuck

Yorkshire Lee

Reaction score
I'm getting worried,I have been scaffolding since I left school,I quit 3 years ago after 26 years,am thinking of going back,I don't even have a ticket but I have also paid for my part 1 for April just to cover my arse,but all the stories I read on here i'm wondering if it's worth going back,I got a market stall now and the money can be as good but it can also be fcuking crap,should I go back and just admit i'm a scaff by blood and too thick to do anything else,or should I hang on to my market stall in Petticoat lane and realise the foreigners have ruined the game?answers on a postcard please

Nothing ventured nothing gained, the job has changed so much it is almost unrecognisable now, but you have already paid for a ticket so you may as well at least get a few shifts in. You are going to hurt for quite a while to start with but you already know that.

Nothing ventured nothing gained, the job has changed so much it is almost unrecognisable now, but you have already paid for a ticket so you may as well at least get a few shifts in. You are going to hurt for quite a while to start with but you already know that.

Yeah,will definatly be a culture shock after 3 years,fortunatly I have a home gym and have kept in shape for last 3 years,would be good to get some casual cash work just to break me back in again.

I'm getting worried,I have been scaffolding since I left school,I quit 3 years ago after 26 years,am thinking of going back,I don't even have a ticket but I have also paid for my part 1 for April just to cover my arse,but all the stories I read on here i'm wondering if it's worth going back,I got a market stall now and the money can be as good but it can also be fcuking crap,should I go back and just admit i'm a scaff by blood and too thick to do anything else,or should I hang on to my market stall in Petticoat lane and realise the foreigners have ruined the game?answers on a postcard please

Give scaffolding a second shot if you feel like it, but also keep your market stall on just in case it does not work out

Best of luck anyway

tell you what yorkshire lee if your market stall payes okay stay with it mate 26 years you must be late 40s now so if you dont call it a day now your be doing it with in the next 10 years unless you wana stick at it. was talking to my mate the other day he works for a ground workers company hes 50 and says hes bodys taking the toll now and was worried what he was gana do when hes body starts to give up. made me think as well thou ive earnt a good liveing from scaffolding and have seen the money drop the last few years what do you do when you get to later life its not like a gas fitter or plumber where you can keep going to a later age. hope you decide lee but!! the market stall sounds okay good money and bad money think when you get the good money mate. scaffoldings more crap money than good money as of late.

up the lane a.once a scaff always a scaff.got my card in 72.aint done it for 3 years.chucked my spanner in the thames.im just waiting on a new card.i got offered a start.go for it.goodluck

Top Bottom