What is your nickname/are you 'known' for??

J

Jason-Gibbs

Funny old game Scaffolding... most people involved in the trade have nicknames, like Smudger, Dixxy, Belter, Cracker, Dodgy, Bodger, ect, same as most are 'known' in their respective circles for one reason or another.

Like say, Bill Leane is supposedly known for being a: knocker.
or Hayden Smith is known for being a bit 'naughty' ie; dont nick his gear or you'll end up with broken feet, etc. or such and such was a notorious liar and so on.

What would you say you might be 'known' for or whats your nickname?

Me? I dont really have a nickname, im just "Jay", so id say im probably known for being: "that tw@t who makes videos of his work" :amuse:

Anyone else??
What would you say your nickname is or known for?? :idea:

I've been called a lot of things over the years but I'm mostly called Kev mac. Have been called this since I was about seven years old. My old man used to work for Mac Scaffolding and one day someone called me Kev mac and i'ts stuck ever since.

Being from a small quarrying village in North Wales Most people used to have a nickname. I remember a story told years ago about a young lad that started working in the quarry. On his first day in the splitting sheds an old man told him that everyone there had a nickname and that it wouldn't be long before he picked one up. the young lad told him there would be no way anyone would catch him out and tag him with a nickname as he was too fly for them all.
BOB FLY died a few years ago at the ripe old age of 86. I don't think I ever knew his surname...

I have had a " Billy Bullshi t " ( always full of it )
" Bobby half tail " ( always only ever got half a story )
" Stevie Wonder " ( always wondering where he is )
" Tony Brown thumb " (because he stuck his thumb up some birds ass)
" the Ginger Winger " ( proper ginger nut always moaning )
" Banged up Darren " ( always getting nicked )

I've been 'wizard', 'clown feet', 'gadget arms' and recently called 'Zoro', but I'm known mostly as..... Flinty....

Worked in Manchester with lads who's nicknames are as such;
The onion, (always crying about something).
Barney Rubble, (spitting image).
The Hunchback (says it all, but was a cracking scaff.)
Slobbo! (Big fat ugly c..t).
Worzal Gummage (always had his thick head on).

And many many more.....

I have had Elgy since I was a wee boy, pronounced "LJ" don't ask why, long boring story.:embarrest:

haha, feck off. A long boring wee country boy story.

haha, I do remember starting a few tractors with a fencing staple, the older boy's wanted the big bad boy's hooked up to the trailers leaving the young'uns with the old Massey 135. They were all laughing at us with the wee tractors racing round the pit but soon stopped when they seen the CID flying round the corner and we jumped off and took to our heels leaving them trapped in their cabs.:cool:

---------- Post added at 12:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:04 PM ----------

Yeah we've got all afternoon ,well I have!

Me too, just waiting on the football to start.

Had a few depending on who i was with

football i was campo as in ivan campo (big hair)
woto school
youngbull bros m8
marra when away form home
but generally answer to cu-nt
Peter Sutcliffe :laugh:
Jam eater :laugh:

Last edited by a moderator:
Thinking back there used to be a few nicknames flying about.

Pete E....."Boss Hogg" looked just the the one out of the original Dukes of Hazard
Steve B..."Yes it is No it aint" argumentative bas tard
Gordon C... "w@nker" got nicked having one of the wrist outside some birds house in a palmers van

I was known for a time as "ten to two" more for the way my feet pointed when dancing during the house music era than the time I used to feck off.

i've had a few names haha some i wont divulge on here lol
i have had
'snail boy'
'stevie wonder'
and a few others :O lol

Remember years ago a young labourer pulling up boards on a rope n wheel,the boards slipped out and hit him on his toes,only had trainers on,was hopping around like a good un,I called him Flipper after that and it stuck.

i've had a few names haha some i wont divulge on here lol
i have had
'snail boy'
'stevie wonder'
and a few others :O lol

Snail boy is classic.:laugh::laugh:

Think someone else may have dropped a few names you were called on here already workshy.:laugh:

Sponge bob at benchmark, ronnie Corbett at angle west, mr blobby at Sgb, bobby bushey (water boy) Jdc , also the walking plague at one point can't remember form tho nice mates I've got eh........ Sod it life's to short :)

Top Bottom