What Is Expected

meercat

Reaction score
This has probably been covered but here goes anyway.
With all things considered, TG.20, SG4.10, what in measure is expected from a three handed gang these days.
Or two guys depending on how you put your guys to work.
Thanks

Depends on a lot of factors meercat. I personally don't have an exact goal but a lot of the times I really need one job finishing so the next one can start the next day. I try and make sure it's possible by giving them system or dropping gear as close to the work site as possible or just going out and banging it up myself. Doesn't always work and the boys with me are pretty understanding and probably stay late more than most but for a small firm to survive it's necessary sometimes I'm afraid.

at 15's if a 2 handed gang erect 45m everyday that should be near on site work ....i keep hearing its the harness this and rules that , that are making it hard to do the work BUT its not taking into account the 8.30 start 1 hr for breakfast and 1hr for lunch and the 3 o'clock shoot with nothing even finished for bricky to get on that makes me livid ( livid my favourite word by the way :))

That's true, I did a small chimney scaffold today in 3 hours and have seen the boy's take all day. I suppose we are not machines though and if you have been grafting week after week after week you are going to have to back off now and again.

What's the problem meercat are you the gaffer or the one being complained about?

I dont worry about how much i should do or should not do in a day.
An experienced Scaffolder should know if they have put a shift in or not. ;)

Some days you get x-amount done and somedays you get alot more/less done.
Like Tim says, if guys have their correct breaks, start when they should and go home when they are supposed to - and most importantly DONT take the piss, then you can hold your head high and be happy that you have done what you can.

Thats all i do anyway. :)

Top Bottom