What if?

big john

Reaction score
When I was fishing last night 20 foot up on some rocks,I started thinking,
What if I slipped and fell?
I've had my own business now for nearly 7 months but its only just dawned on me how fooked I would be if I injured myself and couldn't work as its only me and a lad at the moment.
Has anyone been in such a situation and what did you do?
Cheers
John

Interesting question John and one the insurance industry would love us all to ask ourselves and get ourselves insured.

Me, on the other hand has never believed in such products right from when I was a pup starting out and they were trying to sell me insurance protection for my mortgage and the like as back then I knew if I couldn't work it would take more than my mortgage paying to keep my head above water so failing in anyway shape or form would just not be an option. I always just smile now when they phone me up and tell me I have thousands to claim back on payments to these schemes as I never paid into them.

I was asked the question a year or two back when doing a bit of financial planning and to be honest the reply is the same now as it was then although admittedly there are a few more bodies on the ground to take up the slack if I couldn't work the same as I would do the same for them.

As long as you could answer the phone and access the computer you should be Ok just by taking on a good spanner hand to dig you out a hole.

I suppose taking on a scaffolder would be the only thing to do really,it would be a huge expense,massive cut backs at home and work,doesn't bare thinking about really

It would be the same if you were on the books, what is the sick pay level now a few quid a week? Don't let it worry you Frank, if it were to happen it could work to your advantage, another scaff could let you find more lucrative contracts, you never know.

Broke my leg after a fight one time when there was only myself the old man and a young lad with us....

Off for the first week or so then back driving the wagon and being the bottom man after that.. Plaster cast and all. :nuts::nuts:

Never mind John half the fun is in the chase.

Priceless. Never mind Tesco's, keep at it.

Might need to be bigger than 4m.:idea:

Get yourself some diving kit and a spear gun big John , sves all that sitting on rocks wondering if theres anything left in the sea for you to catch

Like the one over the grand canyon, might need to get a design though as BF might want to use it.:eek:

Top Bottom