What % do you use for labour/materials breakdown

big john

Reaction score
I'm trying to work out the % rate for labour/materials breakdown on a quote I need to submit. I understand now you only pay tax (CIS) for the labour and not the materials so any suggestions on how much this should be?
Cheers John

2/3ds material is what we used to do but it's up to you, you just have to prove it should questions be asked.

We tell them all to take the 20% off the full sub total.
It comes off your paye at the end of the month in any case, so it's one bill thats a little lower for you.

33% like i said (a 3rd) stands up mate , any less will raise suspiscion !

Do you do that with all your customers Mitchells ?the bigger ones as well as your smaller ones ?

mainley the frame work contracts as they are complex and the odd contractor, reduces office side of work obviously some of the companys dont take it so it can be a bit swings and roundabouts or it could just be i'm getting lazy

Years ago the 'National Economic Development Office' defined the breakdown to be 60% for the Labour element and 40% the material element of contract scaffolding. But by analysing the 'Heads of Cost's' over the years I have always come back to about 33% for material. - But what do I Know?

I'm no accountant so make the bams pay you the lot, keep it simple, stupid.:idea:

Gross status requires clean records with taxman individual person earning more than 30000 takes about 3 weeks to sort out and you dont need your accountant to do this you can phone up and do it over phone yourself

I have always done 50% labour 50% materials. No one has told me any different

Top Bottom