What do you think

cozzy

Reaction score
Innovations: Ropesafe
Posted: 01 Jul 2013 11:59 AM PDT

Introducing Ropesafe a safe way to raise and lower all scaffolding materials using a gin wheel.
For hundreds of years scaffolders have been using the traditional method of tying up materials to pull up with a gin wheel using specific knots. This comes with the constant inherent risk of materials becoming loose and falling free.
Stuart Faulkner a scaffolder for 27 years had a “eureka” moment after witnessing a near miss involving scaffold tubes falling out of the rope at 40ft, narrowly missing members of the public below.
Stuart worked on his idea for 5 years and with the help from Presco Components Ropesafe was born.
After the years of development Ropesafe is at its lightest and strongest withstanding 300kg of weight during tests carried out by Concord Lifting company.
Ropesafe will fit nearly every scaffolding component by simply tightening using a normal scaffold spanner.

Image Gallery:

For more information contact:
Ropesafe ltd
Tel: 07791800039

"For hundreds of years scaffolders have been using the traditional method of tying up materials to pull up with a gin wheel using specific knots. This comes with the constant inherent risk of materials becoming loose and falling free."

There is no risk of material becoming free

If the knots are TIED CORRECTLY

Should be one of the first things a young man gets taught when he is issued with his rope and wheel HSWT

"For hundreds of years scaffolders have been using the traditional method of tying up materials to pull up with a gin wheel using specific knots. This comes with the constant inherent risk of materials becoming loose and falling free."

There is no risk of material becoming free

If the knots are TIED CORRECTLY

100% agree. 150% agree.

If a Scaffolder cant tie the correct knots then they are imho not a Scaffolder.
If they dobt know, they need to learn FAST!!

Ive never in countless jobs, countless sites ever lost gear on a rope.

A Scaffolder should NEVER lose a Tube/Board/Bag from a rope, if its tied correctly.
A Scaffolder who cant tie off is NOT a Scaffolder.

Simple.

I leaned whilst on site.
Which i had to learn very fast... shown once.

Pull up gear with correct knot or have it fall on my head, when it slipped out.
I paid extra attention, lol.

Where's the starting button? Wtf... I'm not saying I'm old fashioned, but a rope and wheel will do me in the absence of mechanical assistance. I've never lost anything, I condone you're ingenuity and wish you the best of luck. Maybe you should do a YouTube presentation comparing like with like.... Your vandangled contraption V traditional rope & wheel, and post it on a thread. And hey, if your thing wins...I'm pretty sure a lot of lads on here, including myself will recognise that and give you inventor status .

Last edited:
Ive never in countless jobs, countless sites ever lost gear on a rope.

A Scaffolder should NEVER lose a Tube/Board/Bag from a rope, if its tied correctly.
A Scaffolder who cant tie off is NOT a Scaffolder.

Simple.

Correct!!! Jason....Too many new breed scaffs out there that don't know their hitches....what are they learning at these training centres, obviously not the basic stuff..like hitches?? and how important they are.

anyone remember the polecat for lifting tube i think scafftag marketed it another flash in the pan

Top Bottom