What Courses???

str3tchy

Reaction score
Just renewed my ILA Scotland accout to get £200 towards courses, just wondering what courses anyone would recommend doing???

I suppose it depends a lot on your circumstances str3tchy. Age experience current qualifications etc etc. For me although as usual not all will agree but if it's for life after scaffolding I would stay away from anything H&S related. I have an ever growing fancy to getting in to the instructing game when I can find someone daft enough to buy all my gear. If it is to supplement your scaffolding ticket's there are too many to mention and it all depends where you want to work and what the demand is. I know it's not a lot of help but I reckon we would need a tad more info to help.

Well am 26 so not looking to move away from scaffolding any time soon, i'm a part 2, got my advanced booked for april, also got all my offshore courses booked and coming up soon and I've got my safety passport and pts. Was going to do my inspection course but don't think the NCC accept that funding, as you said it was more a supplement to my scaff tickets like confined spaces, asbestos, ipaf ect.

I think that the Scaffold Safety Inspection Course cant hurt to have.
Handy to help you get your foot in the door.

National Grid, the BESC i believe might also help.

I think ill be getting them both this year, to help getting extra work.

If off shore is the goal you can't go wrong with the confined space but only if it's for nowt. It's been a while since I was out there but from what I can remember the vessel entry was just a in-house thing. The asbestos is another great thing to have regardless where you work.

If off shore is the goal you can't go wrong with the confined space but only if it's for nowt. It's been a while since I was out there but from what I can remember the vessel entry was just a in-house thing. The asbestos is another great thing to have regardless where you work.

Aom, please refer em all to the post I made last week about Asbestos and Confined space for 18 quid each.

safty passport course

£200 will get you ccsng safty passport needed to get on power stations were thay pay blue book rates::D

Top Bottom