What are the best company accreditations

SUNTZU

Reaction score
A big hello to all forum members!!:eek:

I am a freelance contract's manager/H&S adviser and one of my first tasks when joining a new company is to assess their accreditations and membership of the numerous schemes like Constructionline, Chas ect.

In your opinion what would be the best accreditation/scheme to join to enable a company to increase its sales and market share?

Many thanks in advance.

Suntzu.

Chas / ISO9001/OSHA18001/ISO14001 all brought work in
Link up also is a good one

Suntzu,

there are just loads and working for a company who works with a vast range of clients I am still unable to point at one inparticular.

Constructionline has given ZERO work our way and I've only ever been asked by councils regarding them (they do send out lots of nice stickers though)

CHAS,NHBC,SMAS etc etc. These all seem similar and are meant to be covered in the umbrella SSIP scheme (e.g. if you have this it proves competence in all) but in my experience if a client lets say Wellbay Homes wants CHAS then only CHAS will do . . . Although it is very easy to get CHAS if you have SSIP as you can simply pay a fee and get it without going through the whole hassle of filling in a million forms again.

NASC - well my views on this are .. well .. crap. BUT the idea is sound and if you want to work for the clients who are NASC member only then it's a must. Plus as a relative outsider to the industry and looking at it from the outside these seem the ones I would look for (again as an outsider).

hope that helps

Hi and Welcome To The Scaffolders Forum!

Best Regards

SF Admin

Suntzu,

there are just loads and working for a company who works with a vast range of clients I am still unable to point at one inparticular.

Constructionline has given ZERO work our way and I've only ever been asked by councils regarding them (they do send out lots of nice stickers though)

CHAS,NHBC,SMAS etc etc. These all seem similar and are meant to be covered in the umbrella SSIP scheme (e.g. if you have this it proves competence in all) but in my experience if a client lets say Wellbay Homes wants CHAS then only CHAS will do . . . Although it is very easy to get CHAS if you have SSIP as you can simply pay a fee and get it without going through the whole hassle of filling in a million forms again.

NASC - well my views on this are .. well .. crap. BUT the idea is sound and if you want to work for the clients who are NASC member only then it's a must. Plus as a relative outsider to the industry and looking at it from the outside these seem the ones I would look for (again as an outsider).

hope that helps

That is very helpful and thank you lavish. It is great to be able to get others perspective on things.
regards
Suntzu

---------- Post added at 11:57 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:55 AM ----------

Hi and Welcome To The Scaffolders Forum!

Best Regards

SF Admin

Many thanks for the welcome SF Admin, i am finding the forum very helpful already!:love:
regards
Suntzu

Likewise we had construction line and that brought in FOOKALL , however you are correct about the stickers

Not familiar with SSIP scheme , enlighten me im sure we could waste some dough on that to

Like everything dont forget the renewal fees every year !!! The iso cost 1500 a year in audits

Taken straight from SSIP.org.uk

"The SSIP Forum will:
act as an umbrella organization to facilitate mutual recognition between health and safety pre-qualification schemes wherever it is practicable to do so. "

this linky gives a full breakdown of what they are and on page 26 there is a table showing equivalences of the different schemes under it .. . hope that helps.

It would be nice if there was just one which everyone uses . . . . hmm

Taken straight from SSIP.org.uk

"The SSIP Forum will:
act as an umbrella organization to facilitate mutual recognition between health and safety pre-qualification schemes wherever it is practicable to do so. "

this linky gives a full breakdown of what they are and on page 26 there is a table showing equivalences of the different schemes under it .. . hope that helps.

It would be nice if there was just one which everyone uses . . . . hmm

Just finished reading the document in the link lavish. Interesting that and seems to cover CHAS, EXOR gold status and NHBC. It would be nice for other to join like Safecontractor to get it all under one roof me thinks.:idea:
regards
suntzu

Top Bottom