Weekend Rates.

scaffbhoy

Reaction score
Have been working paye for most of the last 10 years or so and it has always been work uptil 1 or 2 o'clock for a days pay or job and knock for a shift.
The firm i'm on now have changed it to paying you per hours worked on the weekend i.e. work from 8-1 for 5 hours pay,not worth getting out the pit for in my opinion,so havn't done a weekend since.
Of course others on the firm caved in and still do their weekends,i know we all need the shillings,but ffs just cant bring meself to take it on the chin and let them get away with this,we're flat out as well workwise and they'd be feced if more of the scaffs told them where to go.
I think what their really after is us all to go back to being s/e,saving them on holidays,firms vehicles and ppe etc.
Getting totally pished off with this industry of ours,anyone else getting any of this bollox?:mad:

As long as you get one that will do the shift, they'll always get away with it.
Unfortunately, solidarity went out of the window in this game years ago.
Interserve being one of the biggest culprits for dropping weekend rates on the men.

we are nearly working on a voluntary basis nowadays and thats with lyndons shower of *****

your have to get on a industrial job scaffbhoy its bad enough getting out of bed in the week let alone working weekends its bad enough working for flat money weekends but atleast on a industrial job saturdays and on paye its time and a half for the first 4 hours then double time after and sunday double time all day atleast your getting out of bed for a decent wage as for interserve paying flat money thats surprizing unless thats through a agencey unless you need the money scaffbhoy fookem mate enjoy your weekends off!!!!

As Long As People Are Prepared To Work Weekends For The Same Rate Itll Happen, Sorry Boys But The Im All Right Sod You Culture Is Very Much Alive, I Dont Blame The Companies I Blame Us For Letting It Happen.

The good days have gone it seems. Used to be Mon - Fri 8 - 4, anything after that time and half. Sat 8 - 2 the latest, time and half, and paid full shift, Sun same as Sat but double bubble. Monday club, then in on Tuesday, and in the office for a sub on Wed.

Give the lads a price on a weekend its the fairest way for all concerned

Has been mentioned,but to be honest,i was on price going back 3 years now,earned well during the week,but was nigh on impossible to earn anything decent weekends if you only want to 4 or 5 hours unless you had a decent strike or you'd knocked some of the bollox out the job day before.
very little price work about if any nowadays,you also got all these fecin regs to contend with,not sure i'd really fancy taking the price,but would maybe give it a try.

If you wont do the weekends subbies or smelly europeans will. I used to love the days when you would turn up for an hour or two on a saturday morning and get a full days pay. Still happens, jus a rare thing these days. It is all the educated suited w*nkers in the office ruining the pay as they will squeeze the bollox off your firm for every penny they can save.

Yep,never ceases to amaze me,a firm will pay a subby more to work a weekend than their own men who've done the buisness all week,or agency scaffs who 8/10 aint worth a toss.
To many of these so called scaff firms starting up over the years,never turned a spanner in their lives,but have so called buisness sense.

---------- Post added at 02:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:57 PM ----------

job and knock for weekends .i finished 10 this morning for 9 hours

Fair play to you mate,get it while you can.
Some greedy fecer will turn up and spoil it.

It is all the educated suited w*nkers in the office ruining the pay as they will squeeze the bollox off your firm for every penny they can save.

I wouldn't say they were educated just nasty little men who would turn and run at the first sign of a slap to there face

Many similar thoughts steveo,
Thought i brought up a subject close to every scaffs heart,seems i wasted me fecin time.
Generation gap or what?

Top Bottom