wat am i entitled to ?????

Ryley11

Reaction score
jus been given my weeks notice on friday due to lack of work . only been at the company since october.my question is what am i entitled to holiday money wise ??? and am i entitled to time off this week to find a new job ??? thanks chaps

Should be pro rata holiday pay wise. i.e a few days money
Also you should be allowed time off if you have/can prove you have an interview lined up.

jus been given my weeks notice on friday due to lack of work . only been at the company since october.my question is what am i entitled to holiday money wise ??? and am i entitled to time off this week to find a new job ??? thanks chaps

You'll be entitiled to a minimum of 28 days holiday a year. 8 days are for bank holidays and you do not accrue bank holidays. Therefore you are entitled to a minimum of 1.66 days for every month you have worked. Part-months worked are broken down on a pro rata basis.

I'm not sure about time off to look for a new job. My understanding is that 'reasonable' time off has to be given - But to be honest I have no idea on the technicalities of that in law.

Try acas if you have any questions or problems :- Home - Acas

To be honest a lot depends on your contract but you still have plenty rights even although you have only been there since October. For a start, it is quite unusual from my limited experience to ask someone to actually work their notice, usually it's there is your 40 hours now get tae. You may be entitled to time off but I thought it was more for interviews rather than a general search for work but I would google it and check out your contract as well. One point though is try not to rock the boat on the way out the gate as you may want to go back one day.

To be honest a lot depends on your contract but you still have plenty rights even although you have only been there since October. For a start, it is quite unusual from my limited experience to ask someone to actually work their notice, usually it's there is your 40 hours now get tae. You may be entitled to time off but I thought it was more for interviews rather than a general search for work but I would google it and check out your contract as well. One point though is try not to rock the boat on the way out the gate as you may want to go back one day.

:laugh: Firm, but fair!!

Yeah as I said you get time off to attend interviews lined up.
Not just for general job search as Aom said

Firm, but fair!!

Your not the first to mention it.:embarrest:

Firm, but fair!!

Your not the first to mention it.:embarrest:

We do the same thing mate. Just pay people off rather than make them work their notice, although I'm not quite as brutal in my choice of wording when I have to do it...

haha, now don't take the shine off my halo.

I am a scaffolder ffs, I don't do huggs.;)

haha, I would but the refreshers are worse than the 3rd degree.:idea:

thanks for the input guys , my last holiday was xmas , 1.66 days x 2 months = 3.32 days i should be entitled to ? . the company i work for is brown construction in dundee,scotland thanks again

Depends Ryley, your Christmas holiday may have eaten in to some of that.

thanks for the input guys , my last holiday was xmas , 1.66 days x 2 months = 3.32 days i should be entitled to ? . the company i work for is brown construction in dundee,scotland thanks again

That is correct mate, as long as you worked all of Jan & Feb it will be around that figure.

I'm never sure Phil and just really leave that kind of stuff to my accountant but we didn't go back to work until the 9th of January, the first 2 day's of the year were bank holidays and 3 were annual, would that not effect his entitlement?

I'm never sure Phil and just really leave that kind of stuff to my accountant but we didn't go back to work until the 9th of January, the first 2 day's of the year were bank holidays and 3 were annual, would that not effect his entitlement?

Mate, I'm not gonna grill the geezer on his Xmas holiday adventures! I think he got the general idea of what he was entitled to.

Shall we have a big argument about it? :D

Nah, I don't fancy my chances.:embarrest::D

Knowing Brown Construction You Wont Get Anything Over Your Bare Legal Entitalment, Sorry To Be Brutal Mate But Brown Seem To Please Themselves,They Seem To Treat Their Workforce With Utter Contempt.

Top Bottom