waste management

davy s

Reaction score
Trying to get on our council tender list and got a questionare to fill in. They want to know do we have a waste management plan. Any ideas what we should put - keep it clean boys!

yea, a green bin for general waste, another colered bin for glass, another for plastics, and another for paper ;)

if its for a business just say you have one for wood and one for metal etc

It needs to be a fully detail policy covering how you deal with waste, I did a basic one for a tender ages ago when I got feedback regarding our tender they said my waste policy wasnt detailed enough and I tried to explain that there wasnt a great deal of waste for us to have to deal with , so we just use a recycling contractor skip.

Still dont know exactly what waste policy we need , But dont just fcuk it off , I will try dig something up for you if I can .

---------- Post added at 07:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:47 PM ----------

Google : waste management plan and waste management policy template.

Brings loads of stuff up

What waste would a scaff company have to deal with? Assuming your tendering for council contracts.

Heres your environmental policy

Environmental Policy

We are committed to providing a quality service in a manner that ensures a safe and healthy workplace for our employees and minimises our potential impact on the environment. We will operate in compliance with all relevant environmental legislation and we will strive to use pollution prevention and environmental best practices in all we do

We will:-

• integrate the consideration of environmental concerns and impacts into all of our decision making and activities,
• promote environmental awareness among our employees and encourage them to work in an environmentally responsible manner,
• train, educate and inform our employees about environmental issues that may affect their work,
• reduce waste through re-use and recycling and by purchasing recycled, recyclable or re-furbished products and materials where these alternatives are available, economical and suitable,
• promote efficient use of materials and resources throughout our facility including water, electricity, raw materials and other resources, particularly those that are non-renewable,
• avoid unnecessary use of hazardous materials and products, seek substitutions when feasible, and take all reasonable steps to protect human health and the environment when such materials must be used, stored and disposed of,
• purchase and use environmentally responsible products accordingly,
• where required by legislation or where significant health, safety or environmental hazards exist, develop and maintain appropriate emergency and spill response programmes,
• communicate our environmental commitment to clients, customers and the public and encourage them to support it,
• strive to continually improve our environmental performance and minimise the social impact and damage of activities by periodically reviewing our environmental policy in light of our current and planned future activities.

You know, once when I had to take the shovel to clean out one of the wagons I found some mouldy old sandwiches still sealed in the plastic wrapper!!...Fook me...the ***** couldnt even be bothered to open the sandwich before they launched it into the footwell!!:weird:

I have twice had to totally clear out , wash with disinfectant and evict rats from lorrys what is so fu cking hard about taking your rubbish and putting it in a bin once a day ,
" fu ck that i would rather have rats in the lorry " :wondering:

Never ever will anyone look after any vehicle you give them or ppe for that matter as long as it doesn't cost them anything, seems to be human nature nowadays.

---------- Post added at 10:41 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:35 AM ----------

I know it is changing the subject a bit but it stuck in my craw so much. One of the boy's gave me a dig for the quality of ppe he was issued, which is nothing unusual in itself but I try and buy middle of the road stuff, Dickies for boots and overalls, Showa gloves and Flexothane all in one 100% water proof suit. This fecker moans at me and has the cheek to get all his clobber for Saturday night down the disco from TK fekin maks.:eek:

Hahahahha thats the lads for you ever ask one of them can you borrow a tape for a minute and see what crap they pull out their pocket if they have one in the first place , or you look at their boots and say i will get you a new pair what size are you , reply " i only wear catapilers mate " but all their good gear comes from "Primark" i know buy a hand full of tapes from BQ the cheapest they do and throw a couple in the lorry every now and again
boots i will buy you dickies or heres £40 buy what you like and sign for it .
They just take the pi ss because they aint paying for it , not once in my whole life has anyone bought me a pair of boots , a tape ,spanner only thing i have ever had was a hard hat that lasted me for over 5 years , mainly because i wouldnt wear the thing :)

That's a good point about the tapes or even the spanners, unless I have bought them they look like my first spanner from toys r us.

I would try the cash incentive thing but they would go and buy £20 rubbish and keep the other 20 notes and I would be doing that every week.:(

Top Bottom