waiting to sail

Anto

Reaction score
hooking up with pipe laying ship, this monday... either in edinburgh or rotterdam... then sail ten day sail to palermo sicily, followed by 8 weeks graft... sunshine & fixing... i'll miss the kids... but needs must.£££

Yeah, good luck with that Anto. Not an easy life but as you say well rewarded.

Just remember anto "solitaires" the only game in town.
Better meeting it in edinbugger when i was on it in rotterdamm,the local attractions ruined half the squad,the cash to send back home never quite made it past brielle a cracking wee town but too much to offer daftscaffs.;)

spot on hugenoet, Ive got that t-shirt as well ...

Yes Rotterdam.That fair city has ruined a few scaffolders marriages over the years!! Brielle was always a bit quiet preferred living in the city myself. Me and a couple of good Sheffield lads moved to a house in Rockanje once. Lasted about a month and went back to the bright lights.

I've been there lads,,, smart enough not to be tempted... solitaire, balder etc etc..you become a bit instituitionalised from the day in day out groundhog day carry on.. but you make your fun,,, bank the coin,, etc etc.. seein many a scaff, rigger and welder dive into the lit up areas, and drown their marriages away.. goin away again, leaves me with a certain sadness when leaving my children.. but there aint no coin to be earned where I live,, well not enough to cover day to day life with 3.5 kids , mortgage and everything else that goes with it...
Oh the life of a freelance scaff....

I certainly wouldn't like to go back to it Anto. Hope it's a quick trip for you.

Bon Voyage Anton

Have a safe trip and come home with your pockets full of gold

I admire your get up and go and positive attitude, you get out of this life what effort you are prepared to put in to obtain your goals.

Take plenty of pics I enjoy looking at the ones you post

Top Bottom