Waiting for payment

pyramidscaff

Reaction score
Hi lads. I'm new on here and I thought I would see if anyone else was in the same boat as me

I dont want to name any names but I started doing work for a scaffold company from coventry about 4 months ago. We did a fair few jobs for solar panels and the money started to mount up. We have been paid for one of our invoices but another one is well ovredue.
I've spoken to a few people in the game and they have worked for this company as well and they are waiting to be paid as well.
We are only a small outfit and weve got to keep an eye on the money.

Have any of you lads done work for a company from coventry and have you been paid?

Welcome to the forum

We have done a lot of work for a company from Coventry.(assuming it's the same one)
We are waiting to be paid as well. All I can suggest is that you keep on at them on the phone to see if you can get any joy.

If you can't, pm me and I have a name for a firm of solicitors who will send out legal letters at a much cheaper rate than normal solicitors

Good luck boy's I hope you both get sorted soon but in my experience they will make you wait until they are good and ready solicitors or not.:(

Hi lads. I'm new on here and I thought I would see if anyone else was in the same boat as me

I I've spoken to a few people in the game and they have worked for this company as well and they are waiting to be paid as well.
We are only a small outfit and weve got to keep an eye on the money.

Have any of you lads done work for a company from coventry and have you been paid?

We have found the home owners are best help we have on occasion left the gear up when the home owner starts complaining to the installers they need the work striking and when they come back to us we tell them until the job is paid we wont be able to
i know that you may need the gear for other work when you dont have load but if it helps you get paid its worth it and we have them on a strict 7 day invoice

hope it bhelps we had a few like this they are painful lessons good luck

Don't want put anyone on a downer but I've heard of a lot of people having trouble getting money from solar panel related companies.

In all honesty the bubble had to burst at sometime or other.

There were a lot of companies springing up hoping to make a quick buck and some of them have made a lot of money.

It p1sses me off to think that some of these fly by nights could bust some decent companies

yep they owe me a fair whack as well , but to be fair we are getting bits through - i know they are owed a fortune , so hopefully we will all get paid

Last edited:
Hence the reason I have managed to shy away from solar jobs, could never quite put my finger on it, it was only ever a gut feeling.

Mitchell's probably have the best solution, give them no more than 7 day's to pay and stop work the second they go over that. We have reduced our terms to 2 weeks for new clients, it's not perfect but a bit easier to manage.

The words may be but the actions are some times a bit different as when the graft is on I rarely look up until we are in too deep. I'm getting better at it though.

An expensive lesson to learn, but we're doing the same now. 2 separate Solar panel t0sspots had my pants down. So now if it's a little un the Job stays up until the coin comes in. new customers i'm trying to get paid on handover of anything half decent, but some don't like it and go else where. But while we're busy....FOOOOK EM, spent enough time chasing t0ssers for brass the last couple of months!

Last edited:
Good idea Hatter but never hear of this elusive money up front thing, it may catch on.:idea:

if its a good firm they wont mind paying

the others say they will send the payment and nothing heard from them again

I'd say we get a 25% response on solars, but to be honest we dont do that many as its to cut throat round here now

solar panel firms ha,we had one didnt wana pay up same ***** big house big car big fuckin silicone wife found out where they lived went and put scaffold across drive and round big fuckin car while they on holiday funny thing is paid us right away and paid us to take scaff from drive and round bmw ? hey and job was only 300 + 500 for drive and bmw scaff. that sorted his head out **** em. pay the scaffs !!!! ha ha ha.

hi, we were in the same boat and they did owe us 40k, its been slow but they have got the bill down to 4k now. They have admited a few problems where they havent been paid but im sure we will all be paid othere wise they would have knocked us for the lot.

Good luck
Paul

my thoughts exactley - reassuring to here that as ours is a similar situation

Thanks for your answers lads.
I'll keep me fingers crossed and hopefully we get squared up next week at latest.
If I see another solar panel job I think I'll chuck me ring

Top Bottom