wages!

scaff101

Reaction score
im 21 been working for the same firm for 4 years, last year i did my part 1 , didnt see a pay rise, a month ago i done my part 2 2 week course, havnt seen a pay rise! i dont mind because i feel im on a ok wage, i earn before tax 450, but the thing that gets me angry is the labourer i have gets 400 before tax, just wanna know if thats right? i know all firms are diffrent!

when i got my part 2 about 3 years ago I did not see a rise until last year... and even then it wasnt much a rise... SH*T FIRMS PAY SH*T MONEY... its a true fact of scaffolding life.

i wouldnt mind if the labourer pulled his weight hes been doing it longer than me, and still has to be told what to get and when to get it! and when the bosses aint round he gets his cape out and turns into super scaff, but never works out! telling him what to do and getting angry in the process aint worth the extra 10a a day!
i aint some kid who thinks hes amazing neither just like to get the jobs done correct and on time

the best thing to do is move on , when you start as a labourer for a firm they tend to permanently see you as one, especially the greedy smaller firms . seen the p1ss taken loads of times with the sh1t firms round here , they think they did you a favour putting you on courses so they can pay you what they want

Last edited:
That does work 2 ways Allan , i have seen plenty of lads get there tickets that the firms payed for then just fu ck of thinking they are super scaffs

i payed for my part 1 and part 2 my self that what gets me angry!

Allan is right scaff101 sometimes you gotta move on to get on in life , new firm will see you as a part 2 basic and you should be out to impress them with what you know

Is that an hourly rate or a day rate?

£450 a week! i get £7 a hour and a £100 bonus a week, but if i have a day off or dont turn up i dont get my £100 bonus!

If you have payed the courses yourself, then you are not commited to the firm.
Its totally up to you if you are not happy there and want to leave.
I WOULD think before you leap though, as from what I have been told, the wage you are getting is quite decent for that part of Wales.

I dont know how your Firm can justify paying you the exact same money when your a Part 2 Scaffolder, as they did when you was an unqualified Labourer... how can they???

Makes no sense, tbh.

More tickets = More responsibility = More money... surely???

im 21 been working for the same firm for 4 years, last year i did my part 1 , didnt see a pay rise, a month ago i done my part 2 2 week course, havnt seen a pay rise! i dont mind because i feel im on a ok wage, i earn before tax 450, but the thing that gets me angry is the labourer i have gets 400 before tax, just wanna know if thats right? i know all firms are diffrent!

forget about what your labourer is getting , it will drive you to distraction. concentrate on what you are worth or it will eat away at you and wind you up no end. i used to be too concerned with what everyone else was getting paid for what they did. i left 2 good firms because of ill feeling over someone else's wages.

forget about what your labourer is getting , it will drive you to distraction. concentrate on what you are worth or it will eat away at you and wind you up no end. i used to be too concerned with what everyone else was getting paid for what they did. i left 2 good firms because of ill feeling over someone else's wages.

Very true and very good advice. :)
I have had the same problem and its not good to think like that.

Top Bottom