W**k job

pez27

Reaction score
003.jpg job erected in northampton . This is what we are up against has and have to price against there are loads of jobs like this in northampton its f***s me off may as well pack the game in now ????

Jeez pez,i reckon that's some bob the builders job to save paying a proper scaff,the hse often call in on our sites so surely they must drive past these accidents waiting to happen?is'nt it their remit to prevent dangerous practice?or are they only concerned with trying to fine legit companys trying to survive in a market place busting at the seams with the pick up cash in hand brigade:mad:

Jeez pez,i reckon that's some bob the builders job to save paying a proper scaff,the hse often call in on our sites so surely they must drive past these accidents waiting to happen?is'nt it their remit to prevent dangerous practice?or are they only concerned with trying to fine legit companys trying to survive in a market place busting at the seams with the pick up cash in hand brigade:mad:

If it is a private job for yourself you can work of milk crates if you like,the law doesn't cover private jobs.

Ask next door if you can put a tower up for free with your name on it ....im sure he will have some repairs if not pay him fifty quid for two weeks....guarantee you next to that you will get a job directly off the back of it ;)

002.jpg same job they have used wood on the base life instead of 5ft tube,

Put it this way,if i'm trying to save money and wanna replace my window,I would stack the neighbours plant pots on top of each other and throw a ladder across to work off.

quite agree,its not fair.a couple of years ago,a chap near me asked me to put a dodgy scaffold up,i said not a chance.he went and used someones ali tower.wasnt just high enough,so he put the boards on top of the hand rail,therefore no handrail.he fell off and died.his mate dropped the boards back down were they should have been,then did a runner.takes allsorts I suppose.

quite agree,its not fair.a couple of years ago,a chap near me asked me to put a dodgy scaffold up,i said not a chance.he went and used someones ali tower.wasnt just high enough,so he put the boards on top of the hand rail,therefore no handrail.he fell off and died.his mate dropped the boards back down were they should have been,then did a runner.takes allsorts I suppose.

It's called personal responsibility,we have enough nanny state as it is,if that is what the guy wanted to do then who are we to interfere?.

I don't have one bit of sorrow for them,as said,its up to them.i sleep well in my bed.its idiots like that though,that have us jumping loops for the hse,as there statistics go up,of people falling from hieghts.

No not our kit but i would say its been nicked from somewhere .

There is a house builder down this way use 4ft high home made hop ups to get as high as he can with brick work then get 1st lift scaffold put up and put them on top of that so he only has to have 2 lifts for a new build, do not know how he gets away with it as he has got about 6 blokes work for him and he will not have a scaffold on a garage as he will just use them and put a pair of step on top to tile the roof but he is not saveing any money as all the firms round here just give him a silly price as they know what he is like ok till something happens.

Each to there own i suppose, but i forgot to put the scafftag on it, will i get the sack....lol lol
Will someone inspect it for me?

the problem is with the private land issue
I cant see why builders and roofers etc can get away with endangering lives in breech of the basics of health and safety law IE PROVIDING A SAFE PLACE OF WORK not to mention the basis for a Scaffold TO PROVIDE A SAFE ACCESS AND EGRESS AND WORK PLATFORM ;)

Top Bottom