Vantage card

woodsie

Reaction score
A little bird told me if you go to the heliport with all ur Certs n passport they will give u a vantage card regardless of wether ur flying or not & it's free. Then u can bang it on ur cv and say you've been offshore n when they check ur vantage no it comes up all legit. What do you think lads?
True or false?

It's been a while since I was there and just left as they brought in the vantage card but there used to be machines in front of the check in desks so to get your card you did not even need to talk to anyone you just pumped the info into one of them.

It could all be very different now though.

Do potential employers only check ur vantage no?

Not sure Woodsie, I suppose it's possible but to be honest I wouldn't recommend the risk, if you get caught taking the piss out there they have a pretty big black list to put you on but each to their own.

ow the black list lol sure the vantage card has hours off shore on it alads had 1 on me part 2 for the local wind farm out in the firth and had to use his vantage car and he said it collaborates hours off shore and as he goes off now and again it will be considerably less than the boys that do 2 weeks on 2 weeks off i may be rong

the vantage card gets registered by the firm you are working for or about to start for,and as allan says they can check to see how long and were youve been.
its a fecking tracker,i got the bump once for jumping ship and trying to cover my arse in case the new job was ****,they checked my vantage and seen i was offshore.CE SERA SERA ANOTHER BRIDGE BURNT ;)

What is a Vantage Card?
The Vantage card is an I.D. card that is issued to individuals working offshore. It's the same size as a credit card and shows a picture of face. It also shows your unique Vantage I.D. number. This number is used by companies to access the central database that holds a record of your individual offshore certifications and competencies. The central database is often referred to as the Vantage P.O.B. Tracking System.

What is the Vantage P.O.B. Tracking System?
The Vantage P.O.B. Tracking System is a central database used by many offshore companies operating the UK, Denmark, Ireland and the Netherlands. P.O.B. stands for 'Persons on Board'.

Companies involved in offshore drilling, such as oil and gas companies and the helicopter operators that take you offshore have a duty of care for 'persons on board'. They'll access the Vantage P.O.B. Tracking System to verify that you hold current and valid certification in mandatory offshore safety and offshore medical requirements.

the vantage card gets registered by the firm you are working for or about to start for,and as allan says they can check to see how long and were youve been.
its a fecking tracker,i got the bump once for jumping ship and trying to cover my arse in case the new job was ****,they checked my vantage and seen i was offshore.CE SERA SERA ANOTHER BRIDGE BURNT ;)

I did it once myself Happy, had to jump across 4 rigs to get off on a chopper that didn't have a working harness then the fuel tank burst half way home and leaked in to the cabin before making an emergency landing in Aberdeen. After all that they nailed me fair and square sneaking back out a few days later, never fecked them about after that.

So getting a vantage card and fabricating a job wouldn't fly with these companies !
Not saying that I would just enquiring ;-)

you would be better off lieing and saying you have offshore experience somewhere abroad or any where they dont use a vantage card like morecambe bay. i know a few people this has worked for

Top Bottom