Van Thiel Tube Lock

scaffy

Reaction score
anyone have any experiences with this method they would like to share

I used it in about 2004... It wasn't bad.
Kinda like regular Tube & Fitting, but instead of sleeves you use the 'male' and 'female' sections already built into the tubes ends.

• At one end of the tube (at the bottom) there the 'female' part, which is basically a round internal locking section
  • At the other end (at the top) there is the 'male' part, which pokes out with a small lip made to perfectly fit the 'female' part.

Basically instead of using sleeves/spigots to secure your tubes together you simply insert and twist the male part of one tube, into the female part of the other and twist it, until it locks into place.

It works vertically or horizontally.

I also used prefabricated transoms with this system, which were kinda like 'reds/dog-bones' that had a internal pull out section that could be adjusted for either 1 inside board or 2.
I cant remember if this was also part of the Van Thiel System Scaffold or not... - It was a fair time ago, lol.

While i found it easy to use, i think that with those male/female sections it makes it impossible to cut the tubes, which is what helps make tube and fitting so versatile.

I think its the closest type of prefabricated scaffold out there that links the gap between Tube and Fitting and System Scaffold.
EDIT: Here is the link to the - Van Thiel official site.

Heres basically what it looks like.

249089.jpg

I hope this helps. :)

Last edited:
Great on multi boarded lifts where you don't have to worry if the standards foul the guardrails/ledgers or kickboards, no problems if the joints for the ledgers and guardrails are in the same bay all the way up.

Last edited:
Never seen it
I take it that it's Alloy is it Jason !

No mate, if i can remember correctly it was steel, but a thinner gauge then what we used to use.
Like the newer/cheaper Indian stuff that alot of firms are going for nowadays.

Interesting thanks for reply

I used it in about 2004... It wasn't bad.
Kinda like regular Tube & Fitting, but instead of sleeves you use the 'male' and 'female' sections already built into the tubes ends.

• At one end of the tube (at the bottom) there the 'female' part, which is basically a round internal locking section
  • At the other end (at the top) there is the 'male' part, which pokes out with a small lip made to perfectly fit the 'female' part.

Basically instead of using sleeves/spigots to secure your tubes together you simply insert and twist the male part of one tube, into the female part of the other and twist it, until it locks into place.

It works vertically or horizontally.

I also used prefabricated transoms with this system, which were kinda like 'reds/dog-bones' that had a internal pull out section that could be adjusted for either 1 inside board or 2.
I cant remember if this was also part of the Van Thiel System Scaffold or not... - It was a fair time ago, lol.

While i found it easy to use, i think that with those male/female sections it makes it impossible to cut the tubes, which is what helps make tube and fitting so versatile.

I think its the closest type of prefabricated scaffold out there that links the gap between Tube and Fitting and System Scaffold.
EDIT: Here is the link to the - Van Thiel official site.

Heres basically what it looks like.

249089.jpg

I hope this helps. :)

Pipes and planks :eek: not for me thanks:D

---------- Post added at 08:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:26 PM ----------

Snooker cue or tent pole cant make my mind up yet.......

i've used it quite a bit over the years, in conjunction with their fittings, the sleeves with the knock on wedges & the knock on doubles, very fast system when you get used to it.

i used to work for this comapny & they were one of the first to start using the system i think the owner was the uk distributor

Heywood Scaffolding| NASC| large contractors| local authorities| small trades| scaffolders Manchester| scaffolding Rochdale| scaffolders Lancashire| Scaffolding Lancashire| scaffolders North West| scaffolders Rochdale| Scaffolding North West

you can get all your existing tube converted if you want, they will cut it down and insert the male and female parts, van thiel design and build item that reduce labour costs especially maintainance costs by not needing to service fittings and stuff, its all wedge style stuff they do like transoms similar to bones

Tim didnt realise andy was runnin tubelock ? Know he was running the transoms

How is he gettin on now

Top Bottom