Value of Your Company

mart62

Reaction score
I have heard of a few formulas of how to value your company but does anyone know the best formula to use or any way to put a value on a company.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated

Martin

I have heard of a few formulas of how to value your company but does anyone know the best formula to use or any way to put a value on a company.

Martin

I have been told by the accountant, a rough back of a fag packet guide, all a company is worth is about half its annual turnover!:weird:

nice , i was looking for more than 200 cigs
only one merc on my drive - must work harder

Martin

When we finally realise that we are just a number on a wage slip and we can be replaced .There was a time back when i was in my twenties when i thought i was irriplaceable and was arrogant with it as well and thought i new it all but one day a old scaff called Ernie who worked for UBM pulled me aside and gave me a reality check and thats when i realised that if i walked out today then someone else will fill my boots tomorrow, the funny thing is that i still see the arrogance in these young scaffs.

in the breed superhero premadonnas some of them

It's pritty much business norm.turnover is irrelivant the big P is what counts,u could get upto 8 x profit if the buyer really wants it,have fun

Must agree bottom line for me every time, and the old overheads figure

Then there is the maxim a thing is only worth what it will fetch on the open market at the time of sale :sad:

Its only worth what somone is willing to pay for the company.

99 times out of 100 it's only worth the value of materials and vehicles etc. minus debt of course. Goodwill went out the window years ago.

Shiiite according to that i'm only worth £1.25 - accountants spent too much money keeping tbe tax down lolo

Not many company's show a profit or if they do then get it spent before you get a tax bill for it,as swifty says any business sale will only realise what the hard assets are worth minus any debt,but you may get a good price if you have prestigious contracts and bigger firms want a piece of your goose that lays them golden eggs;)

I think sometimes your exhisting client base & diary can be worth as much as your stock

Top Bottom