Valuation by weight

bigfish

Reaction score
Does anyone have a formula for estimating tube and fittings value by weight,ie if a 18tonner gross,carries 11ton,so if four full loads went to a site,that would be 44 tons of mixed gear,other than counting all components is there an easy way to value it per ton?

eh.....................no:embarrest:

we goe by 1,000 firring a ton 50 boards a ton 25 lon a ton weather its right is another thing vosa done us last year so dont take that as gosble you cna get a divise to fit to the sprins that tells you how many tonage is on the wagon not sure of the name ill try find out for you if need be ?

Took a crakin pic off the truck doing a return load just before the holiday's from Dunoon to Glasgow. You know the kind, where you make a decision half way through loading it's either going to be 2 crappy wee loads or one big bad boy. It ended up 4 stillages high and was bouncing, the boy's in the yard couldn't believe it as one got done for going 3 high. It doesn't happen often which is just as well.

:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

what was that you was saying about "Rules and Regs " on the other thread Aom ?

we goe by 1,000 firring a ton 50 boards a ton 25 lon a ton weather its right is another thing vosa done us last year so dont take that as gosble you cna get a divise to fit to the sprins that tells you how many tonage is on the wagon not sure of the name ill try find out for you if need be ?

Thanks scaff1989,what i was after was £££ per ton formula,say a k per ton for fitting's,another k for 100 boards,whatever the price of tube is by the ton,this is where my head hurts now haha,the more i think about it,it would have to be site specific:unsure:

Never ever said I was perfect.:amuse:

I looked liked Santa's sled bouncing along the M8, just as well the boy's in blue were far too busy checking out the wee neds on the drug run to worry about me.:cool:

---------- Post added at 09:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:57 PM ----------

Thanks scaff1989,what i was after was £££ per ton formula,say a k per ton for fitting's,another k for 100 boards,whatever the price of tube is by the ton,this is where my head hurts now haha,the more i think about it,it would have to be site specific:unsure:

Is this for hire bigfish or retail value?

Scaffold lorrys are not classed by weight anyway but by the jobs that need to go on them regardless of what it weighs it HAS to go on
(air suspension is the nuts ;) )

Air is the nuts, and I have discovered another great invention, an adjustable tail gate which slides out about 5 feet so it looks as if nothing is overhanging from the back.:cool:

Aom,it was for valuation purposes,but would work with hire as well,if i could get a rough value,i could count the wagons out in the morning and roughly know what tonnage was erected on that particular day,it would also give me a better idea of whats on each site,and give me a better overall picture of gear spread:unsure:

HI Ya.
You could make it simple ....700' tube to ton x say 80p =£560
50 boarld to ton say £8.00 = £400
500 Fitting to ton say £1.00 = £500
Dont take these prices as real as i have no idea stuff cost now. But the easy way to be real is phone trads beaver or whoever you use.(the 700' was used for estimating )
Hope this helps.

rather than weight as fitting tube and boards do differ maby calculate it by
ft2(squared ft) or meters squared probbly give you a better idea

736ft a ton resale .45p a ft
50 boards a ton @ 3£ ea
Fittings 1000 ton @ .50 ea

Value your gear at realistic resale rates

HI Ya.
You could make it simple ....700' tube to ton x say 80p =£560
50 boarld to ton say £8.00 = £400
500 Fitting to ton say £1.00 = £500
Dont take these prices as real as i have no idea stuff cost now. But the easy way to be real is phone trads beaver or whoever you use.(the 700' was used for estimating )
Hope this helps.

Max,that's exactly what i was getting at,but i'm not clever enough to arrive at the answer;):laugh:

don't like banging an old drum but the Cads system is very good at letting you know how much is where, I thought you were a user?

---------- Post added at 10:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:23 PM ----------

736ft a ton resale .45p a ft
50 boards a ton @ 3£ ea
Fittings 1000 ton @ .50 ea

Value your gear at realistic resale rates

Spoken like a true salesman scaffy.:cool:

That hurt:cry:

Even the scaffs have feelings you know.

---------- Post added at 10:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:31 PM ----------

And I'm still waiting on that podger.

i was just trying to be helpful !! and get him in the right direction but im back on the tools so a bit out the loop (and yes the hilti gun is the ******** and any scaffolder not using one is mad! )
Anyway gents. Im after logos,photos info for another scaffolding website that needs a bit of filling up !!!! so a bit of free advertising (Dont worry forum not doing you out of business, just need to fill space ! )
send to info@thescaffoldercom
thanks
max.

don't like banging an old drum but the Cads system is very good at letting you know how much is where, I thought you were a user?

No mate,i'm far to tight lol,i've got the trial disc here,just have'nt got round to it yet,it takes a while to digest the cost:cry:

Top Bottom