UK Scaffold Standards across the Globe….

safetyaccess

Reaction score
As one of the UK’s leading scaffold training providers, Safety & Access this week secured long term training contracts in the Far East and Africa. The training, which includes Scaffolder skills training, scaffold inspection and supervisory courses will all be based upon existing UK delivery standards. This is indicative of much of the interest that is paid to the quality and recognition of UK competence for Scaffolders.

Joint Managing Director, Rick Statham said, the training we have secured this week represents a major “thumbs up” to the all of the British scaffolding industry and the mostly very high standards that are delivered in the UK. The training we offer has been adopted by some of the major oil and gas businesses on the planet and we are prioud to be flying a very british flag!!!

Safety & Access are also currently exploring a dedicated international partnership to deliver scaffolding skills and supervisory based training across the UAE and surrounding areas.

please excuse my ignorance but i'm not sure whether to congratulate you or not, from out side the box would this mean lower paid immigrants would be trainned and employed now rather than get traveling spanners and experianced tradesman,and if so will they be ticketed like us, which would then allow then to enter our country and under cut our labour prices accordingly

I Think Its A Good Thing That The British Standard Is Recognised As The Standard Across The Globe,On The Other Hand What The Southernpoofter Says Does Ring Alarm Bells With Me, But All The Best And Well Done Anyway.

please excuse my ignorance but i'm not sure whether to congratulate you or not, from out side the box would this mean lower paid immigrants would be trainned and employed now rather than get traveling spanners and experianced tradesman,and if so will they be ticketed like us, which would then allow then to enter our country and under cut our labour prices accordingly

More than likely SP:suspicious:

well in if thats the case big fish, i wont congratulate them then lolol..rule britannia and sod the uae

Thanks,
None of the certification issued overseas will be relevant or acceptable to the UK construction or industrial industries.

It's good that a british company is leading the way,and at first all the trainers would be british,but how long before cheap foriegn trainers take over??like everything this will be dictated by market forces,i'm sure there's plenty who'll come over here for half the money.

Don't want to sound naive boys but sometimes you just have to think a wee bit bigger. The UK market must be all but saturated for the training game, seen a few go down as with other arms of our trade. Standing still is akin to going backward and probably not an option to some bigger outfits. The foreign labour threat has always been there and always will be, that's why we have been so successful in loads of areas of the globe.

fair enough alister and i dont want to appear negative but when you say " we've been successfull in loads of areas of the globe" and also that the foreign labour threat has always been there, but maybe its you whos missing the point alister and being a little naive and need to think outside the box - as potententailly a new labour force with training and a skillset akin to ours ,trained to our standards and who willing except lower wages could now flood our oversaturated market, and if we are to congratulate on this amazing contract for saftey services then why would the training given to our standards and by qualified instructors, not then be allowed to be recognised over here when SA clearly states "the training to be delivered will be to a very high standard and based on UK standards"....sounds like a back door UK work visa entryin the making to me

Well done if you are looking for any new instructors i could be interested? I am fully qualified and looking for a change.

They prob don't have to do the nvq so won't get the card over here - until they get benefits and re-sit the courses over here!

As one of the UK’s leading scaffold training providers, Safety & Access this week secured long term training contracts in the Far East and Africa. The training, which includes Scaffolder skills training, scaffold inspection and supervisory courses will all be based upon existing UK delivery standards. This is indicative of much of the interest that is paid to the quality and recognition of UK competence for Scaffolders.

Joint Managing Director, Rick Statham said, the training we have secured this week represents a major “thumbs up” to the all of the British scaffolding industry and the mostly very high standards that are delivered in the UK. The training we offer has been adopted by some of the major oil and gas businesses on the planet and we are prioud to be flying a very british flag!!!

Safety & Access are also currently exploring a dedicated international partnership to deliver scaffolding skills and supervisory based training across the UAE and surrounding areas.

well done marra but to me this means more immigrants:laugh: taking jobs

Theres some ***** jobs going on round here, Indain scaffs chucking it up for peanuts.
I think Ikrams got atraining school up and running. Beware lads the indians are coming.

fair enough alister and i dont want to appear negative but when you say " we've been successfull in loads of areas of the globe" and also that the foreign labour threat has always been there, but maybe its you whos missing the point alister and being a little naive and need to think outside the box - as potententailly a new labour force with training and a skillset akin to ours ,trained to our standards and who willing except lower wages could now flood our oversaturated market, and if we are to congratulate on this amazing contract for saftey services then why would the training given to our standards and by qualified instructors, not then be allowed to be recognised over here when SA clearly states "the training to be delivered will be to a very high standard and based on UK standards"....sounds like a back door UK work visa entryin the making to me

Nothing wrong with differing opinions of the same event SP, but why would they want to flood an over saturated market with any kind of labour? We are not rocket scientists and yet no matter where in the world you go I bet you would meet a wee scaff fae Govan called Jimmy who has been earning a fortune for years. The long and the short is there is a UK company announcing winning a contract abroad and for me securing jobs in any sector should be celebrated.

perhaps i'm just being cynical alister but think we'll have to agree to disagee on this one mate ;)

Theres some ***** jobs going on round here, Indain scaffs chucking it up for peanuts.
I think Ikrams got atraining school up and running. Beware lads the indians are coming.

Bit late with the indians Frederik...... Seen LOADS of Cowboys out there must be enough too see them injuns OFF...:D

Top Bottom