UK certifications overseas

jakeyboy

Reaction score
Although I don't think there is anything of what I'm looking for I thought I would ask anyway...
I'm an Aussie scaffolder of 8 years experience wondering if there is any way to gain UK certifications whilst still being in Australia. I tried to work in the UK this time last year but couldn't bring myself to accept labourer's rates for something I have been doing this long. No company I looked at would even accept a trial period and then pay advancement based upon their judgement of my skills so I was hoping there might be some way to begin my UK cert from here. Any thoughts?

Cheers,

Jake

Dont bother even thinking about coming over here Jakey, the country is on its knees especially the building industry, most of the younger good scaffs are trying to escape from this sh1te hole and get into your country or New Zealand.

Thats just my opinion for what its worth.

I think its sad you cant work in the uk. Its not the money hswt. For Ozzies and Kiwis its about travel and working in your chosen profession. Met some good chippies welders and brickies who get work here no problem. Why cant scaffs. I would guess its more to do with course certification(money)not ability.

There is some doom and gloom at present, but things will turn around. We have had bad years in the past and then the boom then back again. This country has been screwed by the EU, too many eastern european creatures over here plaguing the sites... and pakis.

Hey what goes around I guess...I had the same trouble finding work when I was in Australia

jakey do as everyone said stay where you are mate,its had it here.

Jakey, same for all the scaffs in the UK as well..no CITB / CISRS no pay.

Cheers guys, I know that things are better here in Oz than they are in the UK at present but I may be moving over to Scotland for other reasons. I take it that despite the problems there is always work on the rigs in the North Sea? If there's no way to get qualifications from here then I suppose I'll just have to bite the bullet and work my way up.

jakeyboy

I worked with Australians, South Africans ect ect in the North Sea, however, that was some time ago when the Certs were not the priority...

Its all about Certs now---If you were to invest in gaining your UK Offshore Credentials and Scaff Certs it would cost you £ K's...

Stay where you are bud, that,s my advice...

Jakey, The Construction Industry Is On Its Knees Right Now Here Rates Have Not Been As Low As They Are Now Since The 1980s (Last Tory Govt) So My Advice Is Stay In Oz Make Money And Be Happy.

Garry,
I already have all my Offshore certs, just need the UK scaff certs. Surely they are not too expensive? It's more just the time (5 years isn't it?) to get qualified!

Top Bottom