two handed

paul

Reaction score
Had to send a gang this morning two handed instead of the usual three , they thought it was the end of the world the way they were moaning , all they have to do today is strip 18meters 2 lifts and re erect around other side of house 18 meters 2 lifts . What do you guys think

Man up!!! Sounds reasonable : ) did they want a brew made for them before they started in the morning as well?? Lol

been two handed last 2 weeks it does p1ss ya off like spech when lab only been doing it a few week, a must be good as he tried to send me out single handed this morning :laugh:

Nearly always work 2 handed , once it goes over 4 lifts out comes the rope and wheel and 1 fixes while the other ropes , have a switch around every now and then dont matter how high the job is 8, 10 lifts no problem as long as you got a good man on the rope just keep going up . We doing a job 200 foot long by 70 foot at the moment 2 handed no stress just keep on fixing :)

---------- Post added at 09:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:36 PM ----------

that you drives me nuts that after 3 lifts ya fekd and take more than doubble the time than it would with 3 false economy

Scaff i sometimes do jobs 4 lifts high on my own without any stress :laugh:

So long as you are organised enough I dont think its too bad, I dont pass 7 x 5fts up to finish 4th lift when there is 2 more lifts to go , Once we got second lift in we stand or pass all gear that is needed for job where we can reach most of it from the scaffold , and always have plenty fittings tubs or bags, sometimes even through bout 500 fitting up to lad on 4th lift if big job , need a fag or seven afterwards like and someone to hold it for me till i get feeling back in arms is useful :nuts:

Had to send a gang this morning two handed instead of the usual three , /QUOTE]

Our gangs usually have four hands--two each--where do you stick the third one?:wondering:

Scaff i sometimes do jobs 4 lifts high on my own without any stress :laugh:

aye ta tag the cant lol , if is plodding alogn 2 handed ya crnt have the gaffer on ya case lol constand get it up up up up up were ya at how long ya gonna be thatll only take ya 2 hours i ort then marra lol

Had to send a gang this morning two handed instead of the usual three , they thought it was the end of the world the way they were moaning , all they have to do today is strip 18meters 2 lifts and re erect around other side of house 18 meters 2 lifts . What do you guys think
Once moaned to Me Old Man years ago that I wa doin work of 2 men,He said"Tell Me who the other c*nt is n I'll sack Him"
Just another sign o times Paul,regularly worked on Me own til a few yrs ago

I'm not taking the piss but if that's all I had to do in a day it would be like a holiday camp be done by 10am no problem 2 handed who you got working for you a bunch of ameteurs!!!

2 handed gang 250ft up 300ft down on average. Mix between up & downs during the day. Target should do between 20-30% more!!!

SQ

i'd get £214 for that work ,labour only on price, and the work would have to be up to close scrutiny for sg4

so you can easily compare that to what you are paying your guy's

Top Bottom