Tunnelling?

Bobbysupascaff

Reaction score
Alright gents sent a c.v. off to a company call rorcon based in Birmingham I think after reading about them on here, they got Tottenham court road, farringdon and a few others in london. I've never even seen tunnelling going on, can't even imagine what types of scaffolding they would need etc, also would there be special tickets needed for this?? Just curious Cheers boys

You Might need a new Frog for a shovel mate ;)
Its probably handrails and ladder towers that sort of thing , i think most tunnels rigs cut and install temporary shields as they go.

You will need PTS LUL just gain access I would have thought being a station.

---------- Post added at 08:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:59 PM ----------

I have seen the machine they use it tunnels and supports all at once I bet there will be alot of edge protection miles of it

No LUL or PTS tickets needed on this job bobby, as you know I'm on Tottenham court road, just need a extra site induction to go down the tunnels.
Biggest scaffold down the tunnels is around 3m x 3m to allow chippies to shutter the columns then its used by the concreters, independents are about 10m long 1 or 2 lifts, that about it bobby, we've got northern line, central line and Crossrail tunnels down there but the jobs are all similar really

That is good news Jon still planning to do lucas/pts but spoke to someone for rorcon they seemed quite keen which in current climate quite strange lol thanks for all the other answers boys, think ill hold out for this one hopefully see u soon mate

Bob you need tunnel ticket mate its easy. Most of the sites will let you on without but if you need to go down the tunnel you need to show your card on entrance. Day course with touchscreen test at end. Good luck.

Bob you need tunnel ticket mate its easy. Most of the sites will let you on without but if you need to go down the tunnel you need to show your card on entrance. Day course with touchscreen test at end. Good luck.

Nice one hac80 I know it sounds daft mate do you know what the official name is for the ticket or course??? So I can google it I'm based in central london so should be close enough to have a look cheers fella

Here was me thinking this was going to be a thread about the old tunnelling method of scaffold erection, before the scaff step f&cked it all up:idea:

Here was me thinking this was going to be a thread about the old tunnelling method of scaffold erection, before the scaff step f&cked it all up:idea:

I thought it was a posh word for rimming

Tunnelling and underground construction academy. Ilford e12 5ln. Don't know how much it cost as firm payed. Good luck fella.

Top Bottom