Tuesdays the new Monday

jimmybrummy

Reaction score
after getting up at 5.40am, been given 2 rubbish jobs and driving 120mile for the pleasure, I get home to a cremated dinner(well done wifey, nigella lawson your not)come back monday all is forgiven.

I drove 30 miles over the Humber bridge paid bridge tolls got to the job sorry pal steel never got delivered Monday morning so brickes not started till today can you come back in morning I said yeah course I can but I'll have an invoice with me for 2 men 3 wasted hours bridge tolls and fuel stood and argued for ten minutes about why should he pay I asked why he never picked the phone up he said he meant to but got side tracked and forget load of s***e just another "it doesn't matter there only scaffolders" does anyone think I was wrong to bill him

If the shoe was on the other foot, what would he do if you didn't turn up and his brickies couldn't get on?
I'm thinking there would be a bill coming your way

You did right mate even if it does just make sure he doesn't mess you about again.

I drove 30 miles over the Humber bridge paid bridge tolls got to the job sorry pal steel never got delivered Monday morning so brickes not started till today can you come back in morning I said yeah course I can but I'll have an invoice with me for 2 men 3 wasted hours bridge tolls and fuel stood and argued for ten minutes about why should he pay I asked why he never picked the phone up he said he meant to but got side tracked and forget load of s***e just another "it doesn't matter there only scaffolders" does anyone think I was wrong to bill him

no

you have trumped me there pal, but that dosnt take away the fact my wife cant cook.

How many times when your running behind do you get phone calls of them saying I've got 5 blokes here on £20 an hour stood doing nowt and I'm going to knock off the price yeah f**k them brickies I'm just doing the bill now I'm putting down I filled up with premium diesel the good stuff

Certainly not! If he'd bothered to communicate with you he wouldn't have been billed, the ball was in his court.

Eddie as scaffy says Book em Danno

Be reasonable will your costs and give a breakdown of how you arrived at the charge,
Abortive visit charge 2 men x 3 hours @ £25/hr x 50% for transport = £225

with a note to avoid paying these charges in future, please inform us prior to our departure of incomplete works.

JUST REMEMBER :idea:though, when you aren't going to show up, have the balls to ring him and let him know, so he can avoid paying abortive visit charges to others, he will moan like feck, but he will appricate it in the long run.

Its always fxxk the scaffolders hit the bustards hard for every penny they owe you, mind you they will get it back by saying you broke or damaged something on site even if you were not there

Scaffolders get the blame for everything

Top Bottom