Tube weight per foot?

garygary

Reaction score
Been working tube out for wagons on return delivery, just wondering if any one else uses. I work it out at 1.36kg per foot but had wagon driver saying I put too much on. Cheers (no history lessons tonight please):toung:!!

its been a while almost classed as HISTORY but 3lb a foot was what i was always tought.

That 736ft a tonne the real deal? My rule of thumb is 30 long to a tonne. Yours makes 35, our lorrys always look like there dragging there asses but hay that's how things are! : )

Been working tube out for wagons on return delivery, just wondering if any one else uses. I work it out at 1.36kg per foot but had wagon driver saying I put too much on. Cheers (no history lessons tonight please):toung:!!

3.74kilo per m..

The old tubin weighs more than todays standard !

Are we talking good old british steel tube or cheap chinese import stuff like you get today??

I always worked on 33 x 21ft to a ton

Inside gauge ,,, anyway to measure that johnny ? my missus has had twins lol ;]

Cheers lads we only use 4mm gauge tube,swifty It near enough works out the same. Would just load it on wagon matey but do a lot of trusses and beamwork witch has to be worked out for weight, just asking question because everyone has there own way thanks

I must be the only one with a book about scaffolding LOL
Hope this helps
regards Alan

Attachments

• Tube0002.pdf
    9.6 KB · Views: 56
I dont really work it out, I havnt got The Time, but as a rule of thumb once mud flaps touch the tarmac , you good to go :laugh::laugh:

Almost the same as us Superscaff except when our mud flaps hit the deck we got the saw out and cut them then put on another couple of ton.:cool:

Are we talking good old british steel tube or cheap chinese import stuff like you get today??

I always worked on 33 x 21ft to a ton

Same as u m8 also 50 x 13'brds(dry or 40if wet)

Almost the same as us Superscaff except when our mud flaps hit the deck we got the saw out and cut them then put on another couple of ton.:cool:

Wasnt gonna mention that trick Aom , Hence we now only have mudguards as the flaps have flapped their last flap :laugh:

your the man alan ,, no doubt ,, will you share the books you have alan , id love to read them ,, i know its giving away your hard work , but be for the greater good !

Top Bottom