Truss rack

bigfish

Reaction score
Been asked to build a 6mx6m truss rack and i have not built one since pre design days,when you just made sure the front had enough weight in it to prevent the back tipping when loaded,how do you build yours?and has anyone got a design i could ponce?:idea:

dont you mean the back bigfish unless iam thinking of something completely different thats what make you laugh years ago you just beefed these jobs up and they worked without a problem dread to think what one of these truss out racks have in them now with a drawing on board

dont you mean the back bigfish unless iam thinking of something completely different thats what make you laugh years ago you just beefed these jobs up and they worked without a problem dread to think what one of these truss out racks have in them now with a drawing on board

Front,back,there's probally not enough gear in the feckin yard once the designer's got a go of it lol,suppose they got to justify the cost:wondering:

If it's a Truss Rack for lose roof trusses to be stacked then all I used to do is, build a "U" shaped indy 20ft x 20ft x 20ft about 2ft high with a back board about 12ft high with rackers to stop it tipping over.

i got asked to build one on the site im on at moment,i suggested the machine driver make a large pile of soil,and make a flat for the trusses to sit on,so the fork truck driver could stack them on ,and lean them back against the pile,simple solution,saves scaffold for real work.:cool:

Good money in truss racks but the tube normally comes back as bent as a South Wales copper.

Easiest way I've found is to get 3x6m ladder beams laced together to form the rack, with 3m tubes punched up and rakered back to form a goalpost for the trusses to lean against.

Top Bottom