Trucks

Dandaps

Reaction score
What's the best trucks lads. Been using a merc atego a moment but seen a reasonably priced iveco ex mod for sale.

i bought an atego about 5 years ago Dandaps and i have ever been really happy with it
be careful with a lot of the newer lorrys as their air filter housings are to close to the ground if you go over high speed bumps personally i like DAF

My boss buys Iveco's, they've been good up to now but he's had trouble with the one's on a 53 plate. They had trouble starting and all had to have some injectors replaced. You cant beat the old ford cargo's

I had three iveco's but I'm in the process of changing them to the atego,already got one.Spoke with our mechanic and he told me that the clutch and brakes are larger on the merc, (not that we ever overload our truks) thus less cost on maintenance. Plus with the newer iveco's the radiators are very close to the ground, which is not a good idea if you take them onto sites.

i think they all have there good and bad points i had a water matrix burst in a artego and it is placed right above the whole electrical system by the time i found out it cost me £5000 to have the whole lot re-wired , not a great place to have the matrix really .

Hi Dandaps, I feel somewhat clued up on this at the moment as I have been searching for a good replacement for our big truck for a while. I ran a 18 ton Scania which I have owned for the past 5 going on 6 years, during that time the most I ever put on it is a couple of rear air bags and tyres. Without a shadow of a doubt the daddy of all trucks, unfortunately she is starting to show her age and the time has come to replace it. After an extensive search I have decided to go for an ex gb 55 plate Daf with a good Palfinger remote crane on it. For a few thousand more we could have had a MAN with a massive Fassi crane but although the fitter tells me the MAN's are better trucks the crane was not remote and more set up for lifting containers than stillages of gear.

I think it depends on your set up and how hard you work them, let us know whatever you decide.

What's the best trucks lads. Been using a merc atego a moment but seen a reasonably priced iveco ex mod for sale.
i had a merc atego 818, not a bad truck, middle passenger seat sits higher than than the other, so not that comfy on a monday morning when you're trying to sleep off sunday nights' drink:D
the best lorry iv'e found is a renault midlum, its got loads of room, little pockets and compartments everywhere, really easy to drive, good on juice, and they dont hold their value at all, you can get them really cheap for some reason? i havent had anything wrong with mine since i got it. id stay clear of iveco's:)

i have always noticed that Renault trucks are a lot cheaper do they have air suspension atlasash ?

my 7.5 hasnt got air suspension, the hgv's have phillios, i think. you do get alot of truck for your money though:)

We gotta replace our lorries in London AGAIN this year because of the Low Emission Zone and they have got to be a minimum of 06 to comply so i will be having a good look at the Renaults , i do love the air suspension as it never looks over loaded and keeps the old bill of your back a bit more.

didnt you have to get a new lorry not so long back for the same reason? worth looking at the renaults phillios! air suspensions' a winner, the less attention from the rozzers the better:D

yer we had the same problem about 4 years ago its a right kick in the teeth to have to replace your lorries when there is nothing wrong with them and its all dead money you gotta spend.

ol yes got to be 55 plates or newer !!! Me thinks PO Box is cheaper option

HAHAHAHAHAHHAHA i thought it was some sort of secret code word that only scaffy and the illuminati new about :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

Top Bottom