Trestles

jayteepee

Reaction score
I would like some help?

Can i put a trestle fully sided onto the second lift of a standard scaffols 3-5-2? The raised height of the trestle is 500mm. the scaffold has its normal rails on no higher than 950mm?

you help would be appriciated

thanks

Attachments

• Doc1.doc
    543.5 KB · Views: 59
Last edited:
No, you can't build a scaffold from a scaffold, just put in a small temporary lift.

Thanks AOM, I have attached a doc showing what I mean. I hope the answer is still the same

Yeah, still the same answer. What are you trying to do?

If it's a one off and there are not too many clipboard Cliffs around, you could maybe get away with it. What about hop up brackets?

---------- Post added at 03:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:08 PM ----------

If I was contemplating building something like that I would add extra handrails to cover the trestle height on the original scaffold though, just in case.

Thanks all,

I will get the scaffolding raised instead of using a trestle

Are they certified as per en 74 118 118 we've got your number?

Alister - not sure if your right about this one m8..if urve got anything on paper i'd like to see it
As far as im aware as long as theres a RAM statement & the fall protection is adeqate then the contractor can do what he wants. Indeed i've seen this done a few times where the mc has wished to avoid additional scaffold charges & needed a quick fix for a small access - much safer way then working off a ladder or phils milk crates

Not sure if I have it on paper or not SP, but I was always taught never to build a second scaffold founded from another scaffold. I have seen all sorts built to get an additional height like ally towers and the like but here there is no way we would use trestles as a table lift on a gable. I will have a wee scan of my paperwork to see if it is written anywhere other than me head.

I would like some help?

Can i put a trestle fully sided onto the second lift of a standard scaffols 3-5-2? The raised height of the trestle is 500mm. the scaffold has its normal rails on no higher than 950mm?

you help would be appriciated

thanks

Check your handrails. They should be at a minimum height of 950mm.

Top Bottom