treated so badly

fezzie

Reaction score
i have recently gone back to a firm doing street work and site work after being on powre stations and such like and i have to say that were do site gaffers and other managers of small projects get off on talking to scaffs like they do!!! do they still not realise that if not for us the entire construction on their sites would come to a grinding halt,and that we are still the worse paid and hardest working trade.this is to all you so called site agents who think that anyone can put scaffold up .....RAM IT....

100% agree.
Thats one of my problems too ---> AND pet hates.

'So-called' Supervisors and Site Managers who think they can take the f.ucking piss and talk to me like shiit...?
Not gonna happen - Especially not when i put my boot up their arse. :)

No Scaffolders = No Construction Industry.
One day, we'll be treated like Human Beings again, but i fear it wont be for a VERY VERY long time.

Not unless everyone here in this Forum and in Scaffolding in general join the SCCR and then we can have a united voice and have the unified strength to make a difference.

Join the SCCR and make a stand!!!

Any supervisor talks to me like ****... and he's fukin avin sum.... stick his crap job up his arse.. when the ****.er wakes up of course..... cummmmon.

I would agree with that scaff22, I have seen it a few times as soon as the scaff kicks off he is lost, strong polite argument usually knocks them for 6.

Just say " Bye mate " and walk out the gate , they will soon be on the phone with we aint got no scaffold for the brickies , then when you go back they are usually a lot more polite , if not then Knock the fu ck out of them :D

Just say " Bye mate " and walk out the gate , they will soon be on the phone with we aint got no scaffold for the brickies , then when you go back they are usually a lot more polite , if not then Knock the fu ck out of them :D

Knock the fu ck out of them then walk out the gate

Try quoting rules and regs to them.......soon shuts them up.;)

Do you know what you're absolutely right. I've had problems on one site where the suits have no idea what they are talking about, and came over to me demanding I clip on, while stood on a fully boarded and handrailed lift! I shut him up because I knew what the regs were and he didn't.

Every time I go on that site now I take my pocket copy of SG4 with me so I can slap him in the face with it when he comes moaning again :evil:

site managers

Do you know what you're absolutely right. I've had problems on one site where the suits have no idea what they are talking about, and came over to me demanding I clip on, while stood on a fully boarded and handrailed lift! I shut him up because I knew what the regs were and he didn't.

Every time I go on that site now I take my pocket copy of SG4 with me so I can slap him in the face with it when he comes moaning again :evil:

was on a site few year back in charge of scaffolding we had lads out every saturday for months then main contractor ko it so monday morning we get to site and all the hop ups moved by site manager and 2 chain boys after quick word in his ear which included threatening to inform his sheq dept to inform them he backed down and i got the lads overtime every wknd for a full year lol tosser

Top Bottom