Travel distance

benjo0211

Reaction score
Just wondering what the furthest you lads have done, I'm currently doing a 200 mile round trip every day.

Not worth while, they want us to do 10hr shifts if we dig it and it works out an extra £18 a day more, so your overtime works out at £9ph. My normal hourly rate is more ha

We were working on a McAlpine Site 3 weeks ago and the other Scaffolders were traveling from Edinburgh to Aberdeen every Day :nuts: and thats with a Leading PLC...

call it a day if I was you usually its 25p per mile then a ten hr shift on top seems to me the tale is wagging the dog

I have a company van and fuel card so it doesn't cost me ewt but my time to travel, I too work for one garry

Do you still get lodge if you travel? Mines 2hrs maybe longer on way home, but that's cus the m62 I w@nk

im doing 150 a day
it suited as i had family issues to deal with otherwise id have been in DIGGS phoning MRS UNHAPPY explaining how fecking knackered i am and then having a ball with the rest of the travelling men.:sad2:

The mileage allowance is 45p per mile for first 10k miles you do. If you are not being fully reimbursed, you should be offsetting the difference back on your tax return.

If you don't get covered for digs, you can also claim that cost back... you save on your time but it's probably swings and roundabouts (or cars and roundabouts ;)) as to which would be better as a claim.

I was flown on a 6,000 mile round trip to attend a meeting that lasted 3 hours. Beat that.

---------- Post added at 12:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:36 PM ----------

I was flown on a 6,000 mile round trip to attend a meeting that lasted 3 hours. Beat that.

Actually I can beat that, I was sent on a 4,000 mile journey so 8,000 mile round trip and ended up interviewing people on my mobile phone.

Top Bottom