Transport Rates

liam

Reaction score
Just looking for some ideas on what to charge for transport.
Rate per mile for a 7.5 ton truck nationwide coverage.

Many Thanks

You cant charge for delivering your own kit lol u should have allowed for thiz in original pricing its what makes your linear meterage rates

just a quick question for stating the obvious but what are you delivering scc

Have you got a contract where you get a fixed rate . And you need to get a rate for mileage .in your case I would get a map get a compass and put circles 20 miles or so from yard to give you some sort of radius then work out price for every 20mile radius or what ever distance you think the rate should change

Hi Liam your transport rates are usually calculated in your scaffolding prices however if you have set aside additional cost for transport separate from your scaffolding rates you would not be going out of your way to ask £1.30 per mile based on a round trip this is for mileage only as your labour cost should be calculated in your meterage Liam can I ask if your pricing on a format with labour rates and transport and by the sounds of it if your nationwide make sure this is covered Liam cheers scc

Thanks ssc
We are pricing labour and transport.
That rate sounds good to me

Liam I had a nationwide contract for Mc Donalds when I was trading the principal contractor went through scaffolding companies like they was going out of fashion is this similar sort of contract

Traveling the length and breadth of the country sounds like a lot of outlay for little reward to me .

It can be a finger burner maximus when I was on Mc Donalds I put a really ridiculous price in taking into account of lodge travel of men materials and a additional day rate for modifications and I won the contract where all other scaffolding firms tried to under cut me I was told by the principal contractor taking into all the additional extras my prices was more realistic and told me point blank its not the price its the reliability we need come rain or shine what ever day so I took into account what he told me and priced through the roof everytime and won the lot

That's good Liam make sure ur travel lodge and a very decent day rate is covered Liam good luck pal scc

Thats a fair point SCC , it just amazes me how you can undercut a local firm with all the logistics involved . Mind you you could always use local labour on any decent sized project and just send a supervisor , or even sub it out to a local firm ;)

I didn't undercut anyone maximus the main contractor wanted reliable contractors in house so to say some companies like it like this so that they don't have to deal with too many contractors.scc

Top Bottom