training

E

edwoood

i am gona finish school next year and thinking abouttraining . where is the training how long and how much it costs please?

i havnt done much yet, but hope to

thanks.

Ed,well done on approaching the forum before you've even left school,what are you're reasons why you want to be a scaffolder??it's very hard physical work in some harsh conditions,the other side of the coin is that the crack can be great and you can sometimes earn very good money,you need to get around your local firms now and see if they'll give you a saturday job oiling fittings and helping load the wagons,if you can get in,nows your chance to show that your not scared of a bit of graft and once impressed the gaffer should take you as an apprentice scaffolder once you've left school,you need to be taken on to get an apprenticeship,hard work and perseverance from then on and everything else will fall into place,allways do as you're told dont get cocky,and never take days off unless their booked or your genuinly ill,any other questions you have dont be shy in asking as there's plenty of good advise of the boys on here,also what town are you in?as there might be a potential future gaffer on here,good luck in your quest and keep us all informed pal;)

Good post bigfish , if this guys genuine , now he knows what to do

Thats Good Advice From Bigfish There Young Ed, Worth Listening To Kid.

nice to see a young lad taking an active approach towards a career. cant go wrong with bigfish's advise.

Ed,well done on approaching the forum before you've even left school,what are you're reasons why you want to be a scaffolder??it's very hard physical work in some harsh conditions,the other side of the coin is that the crack can be great and you can sometimes earn very good money,you need to get around your local firms now and see if they'll give you a saturday job oiling fittings and helping load the wagons,if you can get in,nows your chance to show that your not scared of a bit of graft and once impressed the gaffer should take you as an apprentice scaffolder once you've left school,you need to be taken on to get an apprenticeship,hard work and perseverance from then on and everything else will fall into place,allways do as you're told dont get cocky,and never take days off unless their booked or your genuinly ill,any other questions you have dont be shy in asking as there's plenty of good advise of the boys on here,also what town are you in?as there might be a potential future gaffer on here,good luck in your quest and keep us all informed pal;)
my dad was a scaffholder and i want to be one to. i cant do much writing.

i live near to wisbech so i domt know local ones and i will look like you said to do.

i like being outside and i want to build bulk by when i am 20s and scafholding can make that happen. my dad was big like that.

thankyou for helping

Ed i'm not familiar with any of the firms in wisbech,but maybe some of the lads on here could suggest a couple of firms that might be approachable;)

Top Bottom