training but not getting payed

jamdon

Reaction score
the company im with want me to do a supervisors course at a weekend but wont pay me for it is this legal when your full time with them .

Not sure, how things work with companies paying for your courses...
But if they have asked you to do it, then surely they'd have to pay you your wages, as its in their interests for you to do it?

But, as its the weekend, its your own time anyway, aint it?

But, tbh - Im not 100% sure mate.
I do know that for training, companies can claim a certain percentage back as a grant...

the company im with want me to do a supervisors course at a weekend but wont pay me for it is this legal when your full time with them .

You're well within your right to refuse since its the weekend. If they're paying for course.... then you have to weigh it up.

Yes they are paying for the course i supose its in my intrest in the long run thanks for the advice lads.

they will probably use the old in the current climate speil.
take anything you can get off them,are you in a union then maybe worth a call but other than that its a case of between a hard place and a rock

mate tell them to put you on it monday tuesday,if they want you to do the course that much they will i personally think they are chancing their hand.just a little poser what company is suggesting you do this this??

this sort of crap is creeping in more and more teeside guys being asked to train at weekend for no renumeration as you say its benifiting the trainee but its also benifiting the company moreso so get the dollars out pay the lad,if not then the company will eventually be forced to do it in normal working hours.

Pass the course then the ticket is all yours, you may have worked a few weekends for nothing but in the long run there is only one winner YOU :noworry:

If you don't do the course they may find someone that will, so you have to weigh up whether its going to effect your progression up the career ladder. Times are hard for everyone at the minute (unless your a politician or banker) and its probably only the company visa cards that are keeping scaffold company bosses in their range rovers :D.

i will do tha course but the reason for not getting payed is that the card will be in my name and if i leave i take it with me .

listen mate training is 100% tax deductable so they whont loose any thing if you leave but like every one else has been saying once you have the course its yours its only going to benifit you in the long run

you should be payed for any courses your firm put you through,your firm need your supervisors card for the benefit of the company,i would'nt have the brass neck to ask any of my men to do a course unpaid,and on a saturday:eek:,8 hours a day for five weeks,but with the pay rise you will recieve when you pass,maybe you should just give up your time for free:(
or get your ticket and move to a company that does'nt take the pish,anyway their legally bound to provide the training for the job that they want you to do:blink1:

i will do tha course but the reason for not getting payed is that the card will be in my name and if i leave i take it with me .

All training certificates regardless of who pays for it belong to the person taking the course. Under no circumstance can a gaffer withhold tickets. I'm in no way perfect, but all training should either be done during working hours or paid as overtime, you should challenge them and see what happens.

take it...its for sweet fa,so called knowledge is the bomb!!!or future??so they say..

jamdon take it but it still stinks as the boy said the more and more this happens the more it becomes the norm,until it is common practice.
yet again more eroding of pay and conditions that people fought for:mad::mad::mad::mad:

Top Bottom