Trailers and hand rails.

Slashtastic

Reaction score
Interesting to see the closing ceremony of the Olympics and no handrails on the trailers as the bands go round on them. Suprised not to see some jumped up little hitler running out and telling them to get down. Very hypocrital I think.

Yeah I saw a few things which made me think..."If I did that I'd get thrown off site"... we live in a different world bud, heavy handed H&S.

Maybe it's us that are wrong and take every daft rule literately whereas everyone else can put their own spin on things.:idea:

I seen this - but then I can imagine that some jobsworth has got a piece of paper to say that they carried out a SWMS and RA to cover the Organisers backsi?e.

I,m sure that if someone had fell off and got killed someone would be in for the high jump ( no pun intended)

It must be a couple of years back now ROK went to the wall and we were down desperately trying to get our gear back before it went walkabout. One of the boys jumped up on the back of the truck and slid straight off again landing on his back side. It was the funniest falls I had seen since Del boy fell through the open hatch in the wine bar.:laugh:

A week ago, a driver fell of the back of his 40 foot trailer and smashed his elbow, off work for weeks maybe never the same again, not quite as funny and I'm sure it won't be long before I start seeing 40 foot timber trucks with hand rails and ladders fitted to their trailers.

One rule for one and another one for them.

Come on mr hse.

Do yer job that what us tax payers, pay yer wages for.

The handrails on trucks and trailers is compulsory on quiet a few sites now
We had it with rydons a few years ago

spice girls mounted their vehicles and hand rails popped up ..i remember thinking theres a bigger gap than 450 mm single h/rail no way

Theatre work is allowed to get away with it for some reason. How many stages at concerts are handrailed at the front. I raised this question a few years ago after doing a film set. I had to go back and remove the handrails and cut the standards as they were visible on the camera shots.
Work at height is work at height at the end of the day. I bet when the actor or actress falls off they won't be show staring for a claim, or is that what break a leg means.

Top Bottom