Traffic Management plan

Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

Just wondering if someone could help me out? I am doing a job for a regular customer, which requires a pavement license and have been asked to produce a traffic management plan and scaffold plan. Its only a 13ft tower 4 lifts on a wide pavement over Greggs bakery. I have no idea where to start as only started up in November. Apparently the traffic is the pedestrians!?
Thanks Jon

Just sketch what you are going to do with the traffic whilst you erect the job, and what measures you are putting in place for them walking under the job once it's complete.

Next time, get the client to get the permit.

when you apply for your pavement licence get them lazy to55ers to meet you and ask them what they require so you can adhere to there requirements and apply their control measures to your rams

Every council is different. For the most part if you are more than 600mm from the kerb they are not too bad. If it's a wide pavement, all you need is create another pedestrian access round your works then the usual public head protection lift, all exposed steel standards sheathed in high visibility padding (not carpet) fan or debris netting depending on what the jobs for, flashing lamps that may illuminate during the hours of darkness blah blah blah.

A sunday morning erect can get you out of a few problems.

Top Bottom