tough-stance-on-tax-change-stuns-contractors

Bring it on,i don't see how it'll force company's under though?:wondering:someone has to pay the tax either the self employed scaff or the company,either way it still gets accounted for,doesn't it??they'd be better off chasing the pick up brigade,now there's a vast untapped black market:suspicious::eek:

I'm not too sure myself steve tbh this could be the final nail in the coffin for many small companies & soletraders. The building industry as allways maintained the ability to work as employed or self employed & i think its against a persons civil libities to say he can no longer be employed as such.
these changes have never been about income tax that we all pay-SE guys even pay more being deducted at source @20%...this is about the additional NI payment that will now need to be found from both employees & the employer ( & for what benifit- just to boost up the failing welfare bill & give it to more eastern europeans) also the additional monies to fund holiday & sick pay & all the other benifits paye are entitled to will also be a drain till it no longer viable to trade -what will then happen to the workers that get layed off....this time bomb has been ticking for a while now & will have drastic affects on everyone.

The report says the NASC fully back the plans. They would because they insist their members have something like 90% PAYE staff.

I think what should perhaps be clamped down on is agencies. You'd then be left with real self employed, who are responsible for all their own tax liabilities and PAYE.

It will suit many companies to have a permanent workforce (PAYE) but in the construction industry, which by its nature is transient and temporary, self employed labour has to still be an option, particularly when it comes to scaffolding.

Theres ways around anything isnt there - zero hour contracts, laying someone off b4 intitlements etc & as for the NASC theyre just a joke, they've allready lowered the % level of SE to suit there members labour requirements - & as we're all fully aware many of their members regulary flaunt the labour rule to suit themselves. The law change will effect there membership as well

Will the government be passing legislation to ensure, Google, Amazon and Starbucks pay their fair share of tax too? thought not!

Top Bottom