Toeboard or not toeboard

Wigman

Reaction score
Advice please. I wanted our scaffolder to put a toe board on the inside of the scaffold to stop tools, materials falling, but he said he couldn't fit one without fitting a handrail, is this the case? Btw we are doing external wall insulation.

Sounds like the scaffolder is just being cautious of a potential trip hazard.

Advice please. I wanted our scaffolder to put a toe board on the inside of the scaffold to stop tools, materials falling, but he said he couldn't fit one without fitting a handrail, is this the case? Btw we are doing external wall insulation.

I'd be asking if you are going to pay for the inside toeboard....you see an inside toeboard is not 'standard fit' on a scaffold.

I assume you have done a risk assessment and decided an inside toeboard is necessary, if so did you supply this information to the scaffold contractor before he quoted or in fact built the scaffold.

Another point - if there are gaps tools can fall down, can a person fall through the same gap? Is full inside edge protection required....??? Your SITE (not scaffold) risk assessment should tell you.

Top Bottom