Tips for keeping warm.

Work harder!
Only kidding, lol.

Have you tried these? - Hand Warmers and Foot Warmers?

You could more then likely buy some off eBay.co.uk and i believe they are only cheap.

The socks and back-wrap are smart as you like.
Not sure how long the gloves would last, mind you.

Know what you mean, more for a trip out on the motorbike. Battery powered insoles in your pockets for a quick warm up every now and then for the old fingers!

Buy quality gear from a climbing shop, I always pay about £10 for my work socks, North face fleeces etc... not sure about gloves when your scaffolding though.. hard to get gloves that keep you warm whilst giving you dexteritory ( that means feel... thickheads lol ) mind you most tight twa.ts on here won't even pay for decent frogs..lol.. so they probably wrap rags round their feet to keep em warm :bigsmile:

100% agree.
You need decent stuff for work, especially in the winter, when your outside in the cold for about 13 hours a day or so.

I like Decathlon.
Almost all my winter gear is from there.

Gloves? I wear these ones: (Dont laugh at the name - especially you Cala, you toe-rag, lol.) Tactical Assault Gloves.

They are snug fitting, black suede leather gloves.
They are expensive, yes... but they last for Months nearly, if you look after them and well worth the money.

tactical assault gloves are great for pulling your BIG RIG ???? :nuts:

I'm not paying £16... I'll wrap wrags round my hands ... lol... no ££££ left after spending it all on frogs....

---------- Post added at 07:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:24 PM ----------

Dexterity!

fukin.el.. did you Google the spelling ;)

You'll have to ask my missus. ;)

But yes, Scaffolders are notoriously tight.
I worked with a bloke who simply would not buy a rain coat a few years ago and used to wrap Monoflex around his body to keep dry in the rain.

I wouldn't mind, but he had no kids, or they had grown up and left home and his wife earned a nice few quid up the city and he also earned well due to the amount of overtime we were doing...

AND, AND! ---> What was he??? - A tight arse Northerner, lol.

Monoflex .... fuckin.el..lol.. tight bast.ard... i've just spent £300 on Berghaus gear today.. I like being comfy at work... bet that bloke was a Londoner really.. ( which would make him gay ) :D

Don't go outside

You got any inside work then!

---------- Post added at 07:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:46 PM ----------

Thanks for your reply guys. I bought some battery heated socks last year but thet were shte. Ive got bad circulation and the blood dose'nt get to the extremities when its cold. I can keep my hands warm by swinging my arms round and forcing the blood to the tips of my fingers.

You got any inside work then!

---------- Post added at 07:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:46 PM ----------

Thanks for your reply guys. I bought some battery heated socks last year but thet were shte. Ive got bad circulation and the blood dose'nt get to the extremities when its cold. I can keep my hands warm by swinging my arms round and forcing the blood to the tips of my fingers.

This guy used to swing his arms about to get warm, now he just wears clothes.:D
http://www.scaffoldersforum.com/newreply.php?do=newreply&p=125899

---------- Post added at 08:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:31 PM ----------

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nBFhvrAOFqY]Super chill monkey does Hollywood - YouTube[/ame] other link didnt work on this end......unless it,s a Asda moment :eek:

Put Vick's vapor rub on your feet they use it on old people's feet in nursing homes to help with bad circulation.

cold hands warm heart thats what the wife always tells me,its her not me.
i reckon you are as well getting the symptoms dealt with tony,even if you try holland and barrett you never know.
there are cracking gloves that you SOMETIMES get off shore they are neoprene and lined hardwearing i dont have the name but will endeavour to get it but they are the biz.you dont look like you stole the terminators clobber when wearing them:nuts:

Top Bottom