Tickets and Certificates

T.ANIMAL

Reaction score
I'm after a bit of advice and guidance my learned friends.
Having obtained my (recognized card)in our industry, I am now a SCAFFOLDER as i wasn't one before with my Ecitb card. I now have to wait 12 months before I can do my advance, in the mean time, I'm gonna do some courses, just wondered what ones are best to do.
I have a basic inspection ticket, should I go and do my advance inspection ticket, or in just over a years time will my advance scaffold card, cover me for inspecting jobs on a full time basis or do I need a separate ticket.
Next one, I'm a supervisor now and they are sending me on a day release one day a week for 5 weeks in the new year, to do the IOSH managing safety course, well I can do that on a e-learning course at home, but they won't pay for that, so I'm thinking of paying it myself, got a discount on it, and for doing my NEBOSH construction later next year, which I'm paying for, the thing is, i think I should be doing my SMSTS as well, as the SSSTS isnt worth doing the 2 day course, might as well do the 5 day managers one.
So what do people think is it worth doing the IOSH at home, next year book 5 days holiday and do the SMSTS, do the 2 day inspection course, company will pay that, and then do the NEBOSH.
Now I've been CISRS carded, it looks as I won't be turning the spanner that much now. So just wondered if anyone had any words of wisdom, as what's the best path to follow. I'm not getting any younger and looking at one or 2 different options, and as with our industry everything is about card and certificates, and that all boils down to money, money and more money.
Thanks for whoever takes the time to read this and part some wisdom my way, it will be much appreciated.
Ps Any training providers out there that could put a discount package deal together for the SMSTS and the advance inspection course for me, not the company,Got a good discount on IOSH and NEBOSH with SHIeld on the home e- learning course. Thanks in advance for any help , hope it was not to much of a ramble.:unsure:

dont need to w8 12 mounths to go do your advance 2 scaffs done there oart 2 and 2 mounths after the assesment when to do there advanced had to go away down burnley or some were to do it but has and can be done

Company went thru Simian so did my part 1 and part 2 with them, so will also do my advance with them. Waiting the 12 months isn't a problem, it's just what to do in the meantime, it's not what you know anymore or how good you are. It's what tickets and certificates you've got, I've learnt that now, so all the time a company wants to send me on courses, bring it on I say, lol. Then one day who knows poacher turned gamekeeper Pmsl.

go for it mt you can only better yourself and get a few more quid on the way

I would say give the smsts a miss and go for the supervisors course. There was talk however of allowing all the smsts boys and sssts to change over on their next renewal date.

smsts more for site managing,more to do with health and safty at work. Nebosh could lead you to a change in carreer such as instucting smsts courses. Downside having to pay for refreshers to keep these tickets up. Its easy to get carried away with getting tickets. None have helped me so far. Looks good on cv,thats it.

I have the NEBOSH construction, advanced cisrs, advanced inspection and am thinking of doing the pttls course aswell so if i fancy a change i can swerve in to the teaching side.

I think that the nebosh is worth having as it opens your eyes abit, you can also go into advising whether it be your company or as an external advisor.

Top Bottom