three board with two inside

joebag

Reaction score
I'm asking because it works yet not to sg4,surely the three boards take more kn but if questioned how do I justify the two inside boards for access,been passed on three different sites and seen 3+2 on at least a dozen others so it may not be guidelines but its what's happening

Cheers Phil,just got all this three boards for access only part 2 running round my head,so is their any legal thing that states three boards are needed for access at all times in case of fire etc,once the brickies load it up theirs only the two inside were they can go

Now that iam not sure about Joe, iam awaiting drawings that will have 3+1 board as thats all that will go in the job , is there a reason the scaffold can only be 3+2 ?

The boss is tighter than a ducks snatch lol ,his baby and we have to run with it but I must say it does work,a bit tight to erect but it saves boards on the wagon

I know you need the 600mm for access and I think it's the overturning moment with the 3 & 2 boarded lifts as you're reducing the width of the scaffold.

Where ken Cain and Alan Reade when you need them!

Doesn't get you passed the soffits on a lot of these new builds,id get the overturning thing with a tower but as an independent properly tied I can't see it mate but like you said could do with god commenting on this

Three boards wide is only recommended for operatives with no materials,i.e. a painter;)

3 board wide is for inscpection 4 boards wide is for men plus matarials 5boards wide is for men plus marerials plus passage of materials so bacical were possible it should be 5 boards wide for brickes as its men plus material stacked and enought room to get past matirials plus 1 or two board i supose allow paggage of men to they can just stepp in if scaffs loaded lol

so 3 and two is enough bit of a head ake but enought and brikies wont be happy wid it

Last edited:
Think there would be hell on round here if we gave them that as standard. Done it once or twice as room dictated but not to save gear or anything.

---------- Post added at 07:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:35 PM ----------

Think I have a drawing showing it but it was from a beam lift.

it could also have something to do with the loading as you probably wouldnt get 200kg of bricks between the standards, well. you probably wouldnt be able to justify it calculations wise.

As Aom said, ive done it where there has been restricted space but never where i can get 4 and 2.

If it was my firm it would be 4 all the way but it ain't and seems to be creeping around the northwest at the mo,just started it as I genuinely wondered if their is a definate danger or structural reason for not doing it

Top Bottom