This is what some Customers expect us to work in!!

TEESSIDE SCAFFOLDER

Reaction score
Got this off internet today.

Hallam Scaffold

This is what some Customers expect us to work in!!

10013591_691695034228322_5648432175714805477_n.jpg

Scaffold erected by Ben Gillatt, attended site to dismantle only to be greeted by The Somme!!
Told Site Manager, there is now way we are working in that...His response?
"Well...The Skip Driver is happy to drive thorough it!!!" Our response...."With respect, The Skip driver only has a job because they haven't trained chimps to drive yet! AND he only has to hook up 4 fooking chains!! NOT tramp through it ALL day!!"" Regardless to say...Abortive Visit and all costs associated...Well done to Ben on standing your ground and not just trudging on...Some Customers eh??

Good job the lads never had that attitude on the Somme.
Just another example of how soft the game has got. We would be up to our knees in it years ago and were glad we had a job.

---------- Post added at 01:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:09 PM ----------

If they had their wits about them they would have got the site agent to put a few skips near to the scaffold. Strip it, bung the lot in the skips and get it sorted out somewhere else.

Good job the lads never had that attitude on the Somme.
Just another example of how soft the game has got. We would be up to our knees in it years ago and were glad we had a job.

Me and my mate experienced same conditions in time gone by carry on regardless we were on price work for erections.

---------- Post added at 01:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:09 PM ----------

If they had their wits about them they would have got the site agent to put a few skips near to the scaffold. Strip it, bung the lot in the skips and get it sorted out somewhere else.

by the time stripping came ground conditions were in our favour

Most of us have worked in worse conditions at some point.

Most of us have worked in worse conditions at some point.

True, but you can bet your bottom dollar that if an accident happens, for example, a guy stands on a submerged and hidden brick and trips and breaks his leg. The site agent would say, 'where is the risk assesment? Did they take into account the conditions? Work should have been stopped and resumed when the weather improves, blah blah.'
Damned if you do, damned if you don't.

My 1st experience of scaffolding was labouring for my mate while he based out in ground conditions worse than in that photo.

Fair play to Palmers they sent out railway sleepers for us to use as sole boards.

Looks like a site we were asked to do the other week. The ground was so bad we could not put scaffold on it. Put a ladder on the ground and it sank to the second rung! I told the site agent to put hardcore around the foundations before we could base out!

Top Bottom