They asked for a Foot Scaffold they got one

i bet that did your back in all that bending down and why for the life of me do we need a handrail and loading bay gate on there

Edge protection required where someone could fall cozzy. In Australia that would be considered above grade and scaffolders would have to utilize fall protection equipment.

i know pal it makes you laugh though its like walking along the pavement and theres a handrail stoping you fall of the kerb

Many a scaffolder has broken his ankle stepping off a kerb whilst intoxicated.

Years ago we were working for one on the major house builders whose site manager could not plan ahead and wanted scaffolders on site every day regardless if there was any work for them or not.
One day we told him that there was nothing for the scaffolders to do for a few days so he booked in ten complete detached houses for kicker lifts. (With authorisation from his QS) The highest one was just 9" off the floor.
I expect he had a roasting when his directors next paid a visit.

Last edited:
Don't seem to many blocking lifts now. The ground workers stone it whacker it. Level and firm.

Hope everyone had their harnesses on doing that lift.......

Honestly though, whoever asked for that lift really needs dicking...:D:D

Can't see any bracing on the standards or sway braces, tut tut !!

must admit you don't get much lower than that would say wet knees sore back scratched knuckles and plenty of ratchet work there

What a load of b*llocks:cry:

The guy that ordered that "scaffold" needs certifying and taking off site in an ambulance to his padded cell :D

Top Bottom