Their at it again...

moanalot

Reaction score
3 weeks ago we erected a handrail round some flat roofs on a church to the clients satisfaction.

Then the church gets an outside Health&safety expert in who obviously found a few things he did'nt like and so wrote out a nice little list with pictures as to how he would prefer it done.

So we went back and wasted our time and did some meaningless alterations to a perfectly good handrail.

1 week passes and clever man #2 arrives and requests that we pretty much put it back to its original form...

If it did'nt cost me so much I would laugh...:eek:

what a shower of wan**** ,i would insist they pay for it as it is what the HSE requested ,so therefore it must be ok for the HSE , or does there man not know his job ?

what a shower of wan**** ,i would insist they pay for it as it is what the HSE requested ,so therefore it must be ok for the HSE , or does there man not know his job ?
This is some bloke who's done a course and wormed his way into the industry...

If these fools are not there at the pre start meetings with clear instructions on what "THEY" want how the hell are we supposed to guess whats goin on in their tiny pinheads..

2 p****s working for the same firm with different idea's on what they wanna see...

Me shakes head...

We get it all the time moanalot, just try to smile and ram them with a big invoice.:cool:

Stand your ground m8, if its been passed as satisfactory after the initial alterations then any futher work will be chargeable. Thats what I would say to them.

Dave

Stand your ground m8, if its been passed as satisfactory after the initial alterations then any futher work will be chargeable. Thats what I would say to them.

Dave
You know, the worst of it that roofer we work for on many jobs locally is just about clinging on to what he's got and he said to me yesterday all the extra costs he keeps incuring is eventually gonna finish him...

Whadya do...

Sounds like a right pain in the ass . most of us put jobs up to a good standard but to be told to alter it by a **** trying to justify his job just takes the piss

If you insist on receiving a written Client's Brief, then the access specifications would (should) be clearly itemised.

Can't understand anyone working without one..........as it always leads to arguments regarding "who asked for what and when" and who's responsibility it is to pay for adaptions or additional extras.

Client's Brief.......anything outside of that is additional works and will be charged as such!:idea:
The clients brief was fine he was happy with the job.It was the other clip Boards,Hi vis brigade that cocked the job up after the client had signed it off...

So the question is can the client ask for a scaffold to be erected without trying to anticipate whether Clip Board cliff and his mates turn up and...Ah ya know what im'e sayin...Blah Blah Blah...

Top Bottom