the transition from days to nights

Joe bawden

Reaction score
Starting a run of 21 nights as of tonight. Searched the forum for such threads but found nothing and i think it would be useful
what would you say the best way to deal and set the opposite sleep pattern? Thanks

Sleep when you're tired, wake up when you're not. It's as simple as that. You'll get used to the change in a couple of days. The one thing you might have to get used to is being up a good few hours before you star the shift.

Yeah dreading it i thought it was as simple as thay but wanted a sly cjt back if i could get it lol. Nature eh

I did it quite a few times and actually quite enjoyed it at the time especially in the summer but when I look back and think it fills me with dread. The sleep when your tired thing didn't work for me as I was tired at 5 in the morning but wide awake at mid day. Maybe with hind sight I really shouldn't had 2 breakfasts after my shift but that is when I was at my most hungry. Normal evening meal time turned my stomach but I made up for it every morning so the biggest single piece of advice I would offer is try and turn your eating habits around as well as your sleep to give your body half a chance.

Just finished 9 week stint on nites before the Xmas and the best advice I wud give is plenty alcohol in the morning stay up till and 10 then u shud sleep till its time to go bk to work

Try putting your mobile on silent, unplug the landline indoors and disconnect your doorbell, its always worked well for me. Can never understand blokes who work nights and leave there mobile on during the day, then moan that it woke them up!

After a few days ur body will adapt . The body clock doesnt mind pushing forward, its when u go back to days u'll feel like dog poo....always found it easy to take 40winks when i got the chance just find a quite corner a good crew will allways cover for each other & take it in turns lolo

After a few days ur body will adapt . The body clock doesnt mind pushing forward, its when u go back to days u'll feel like dog poo....always found it easy to take 40winks when i got the chance just find a quite corner a good crew will allways cover for each other & take it in turns lolo

I still remember waking up in the crane pedestal about an hour into the day shift, what an embarrassing walk across the park that was.:eek::embarrest:

unplug fone and 8 cans ov cider stay awake til ur head snaps back gud luck

Top Bottom