The TradingStandards Office are making people aware of the following scam:

TEESSIDE SCAFFOLDER

Reaction score
Xmas is fast approaching - it has been confirmed by Royal Mail, The Trading Standards Office are making people aware of the following scam:

A card is posted through your door from a company called PDS (Parcel Delivery Service) suggesting that they were unable to Deliver a parcel and that you need to contact them on 0906 6611911 (a Premium rate number).

DO NOT call this number, as this is a mail scam originating from Belize.

If you call the number and you start to hear a recorded message you will already have been billed £315 for the phone call.

If you do receive a card with these details, then please contact Royal Mail Fraud on 020 7239 6655.

For more information, see the Crime Stoppers website:

These scams can only work if the TELECOM companies let them, they should be taken to court as an accessary to the crime :mad:

It is so easy to make the number of the scammer UNOBTAINABLE once they know it is a scam,:mad:

There is no way I would pay any charges from my phone company from this sort of scam, they are participating in a fruad and they are the one's that collect the money and forward it to the scammers, after taking a nice slice for themselves and so are part of the scam :mad:

Last edited:
This scam has been around for a number of years but it's always worth being reminded about stuff like this.

Got to be so careful about everything nowadays :(

So easy at Xmas with all the stuff people order on line or from catalogs and your waiting on things to just think ahhh that must be my parcel i am waiting on your right Rigger there should be a law put in place making the phone companies accept liability if they dont check these companies are genuine before selling them the phone lines

If the scam has been known for years surely the phone companies shouldnt pay the scammers the money.

Top Bottom