The problem with dropforge fittings...

rundata

Reaction score
Hi,
First can I say thanks for activating my account and I'm happy to be here.
Now my rant.

Dropforge style fittngs, you all know em, you tighten em up walk away then suddenly bam the bolt is loose.

This never happens with presco's, anyone got any tips to ensure dropforge are done off propperly other than manually checking each bolt is seated correctly whilst doing it off (time consuming ftl :(

Welcome to the forum rundata. The first fitting I bought when starting out on my own was drop forged as I thought they were by far the best at the time, didn't even realise there was a problem with them as when used correctly there isn't, but once others started to erect with me it soon became apparent the potential was quite high. I solved the problem by getting rid and now only buy pressed steel stickies or presco's. Not everyone's favourite I know but it solved a problem for me.

Love dropped forge very rare it happens when you are aware of twisted t bolts happens more wit IWs but alot easier to correct welcome to forum.

came across the drop forge fittings, that were supplied by millenium via hire...on a job a couple of months ago... they were cheap copies. one of them actually snapped in half during work. we stopped the job, so that the 5 squads would each stress test 200 doubles. We found no more faults... but at the same time, none of the scaffs on the job liked using them....cheap sh1te.

Drop forge are 25p dearer than pressed steel down my way,i find DF easier to handle,no sharp edges like PS,but I'm not to fussed,what ever gets the job done will do

DF

Drop forge are 25p dearer than pressed steel down my way,i find DF easier to handle,no sharp edges like PS,but I'm not to fussed,what ever gets the job done will do

The df's that we were supplied with were from somewhere like india, or far east. no prob with quality british fittings.... at least ya have some comeback on the eventuality of one or more failing....:cool:

Can you imagine the moaning these days if the only fitting available was band and plate?

ahahha i wonder what the iw user would do then lol ,aye i find dropped forge fitting to be the best, if possible ad use all df doubbles and all pressed swivels
i find the df are great and never really come loose when doing up but the df swivels need snapped back alot so pressed swivels any thing but stickys nastyy for leveleing in with ok to add doubbles to the hand rail or ledger but for leeveling in then go to the floor lol or in dicos case the teeth ;)

yeah you can shove them were the sun dont shine if you can find any with the thumb screw still intact i will give you 50p recon for a olde band and plate that still has a thumb screw i will owe you a quid i used to launch the screws

yeah you can shove them were the sun dont shine if you can find any with the thumb screw still intact i will give you 50p recon for a olde band and plate that still has a thumb screw i will owe you a quid i used to launch the screws

lol there 1,000's in the yard thing is there as good as weleded to the band so ne good any how lol just rusyting in stillys lol at 50p a pop ya can have them lol

lol there 1,000's in the yard thing is there as good as weleded to the band so ne good any how lol just rusyting in stillys lol at 50p a pop ya can have them lol
they were rusted to the band when sgb had them 25 years ago when you did find a good thumb screw you launched it the only time i think a band would come in usefull is when there against a brick wall or tight job!! and then you dont have to do up the back see the trainning centres still have them with the cra!py putlogs

what about em holding more weight,class a /class b fittings,pressed are never as strong,also i find if once you have wrapped em off mate,if you give it a half a turn back it normally snaps the t bar into the receiver if its out,hope i got the jist and helped a little :D

We got thousands of brand new band and plate on site with thumb screws, and I mean thousands.

what about em holding more weight,class a /class b fittings,pressed are never as strong,also i find if once you have wrapped em off mate,if you give it a half a turn back it normally snaps the t bar into the receiver if its out,hope i got the jist and helped a little :D

donty seem to get it on the doubbles just on the swivels but some times dosent half get ya elbow and wrist when it snaps back if ya like me and benny flynn that is lol me strong like bull

Hello And Welcome To The Forum Rotunda, Good Old Mills Doubles For Me Mate, Cant Go Wrong With A Mills Double.

mills doubles rule - dont see many about now to do ya

Top Bottom