The great mot scam.

bigfish

Reaction score
Tried to book a couple of wagon mot's today,only to be told the first available slots are mid june,ffs,what do they think business's are going to do till then,i've had to pay 33% more to go to an outsource centre,vosa are highering their testers out to these outsource centres leaving their own testing stations with no testers,effectively forcing a huge increase on us:mad:

Thats Privatisation For You Bf, Its True Enough Buddy Its Yet Another Scam, You Know Something Mate Everybody Is Talking About The Cypriot Banks But I Reckon This Country Is Worse All The Govt Want To Do Is Screw Cash Out Of The People Who Live Here, And Everything Is Getting Cut To Pieces, Cant Wait To See This Budget Tomorrow.

Thats bad news bf,usual story,anything thats a legal requirement, becomes a money tree, unnecessary stress and expence on people trying to stay on the straight and narrow. Who can you make a complaint to??

I've had the same problem I tried to book a test 2 months in advance And couldn't get one my fitter complained to vosa but dint get any where so I had a 2 hour drive to a private cntre plus extra cost and diesel it rediculus

I thought it was just me that had to deal with problems like this as we only have a wee satellite vosa depot that only opens on certain weeks. This was a while ago so it may have changed, but I ripped them to bits over the phone and it turned out they have a duty to provide a test date within a certain time. As usual, I can't remember how long that was but we did get the test date we wanted.

I thought it was just me that had to deal with problems like this as we only have a wee satellite vosa depot that only opens on certain weeks. This was a while ago so it may have changed, but I ripped them to bits over the phone and it turned out they have a duty to provide a test date within a certain time. As usual, I can't remember how long that was but we did get the test date we wanted.
Yes I bet it was private with extra costs

It wasn't Gary, they were only due to be here 3 days that week but they made the guy stay the full week and the slots filled up straight away. It may work slightly different between full time and satellite sites, I'm not sure.

your local council have to offer wagon MOTs and that's any council, its worth ringing them and getting dates

They just give you the number of the satellite centre's which use the same vosa testers but at an enhanced rate,no way around it,it seems,other than booking the vosa centre's 3 month's in advance,feckin scam:(

One of our wagons passed it's MOT Wednesday at a VOSA test centre.
Thursday it's being towed off the M4 with a broken propshaft and centre bearing, it f.ucked the rad too.

£1330 + vat:mad::mad::mad::mad:

the old £30 mots used to be good they always passed. oi swifty dont put too much on it then lol!!

Top Bottom